Where Should finals be held ?

I only said the big house for its size. I've actually never been in it. So, nope not a crazy UM fan. And I wouldnt have much issue with MSU. Theres definately enough big schools in the area to house corps. And I also have not been in Ford Field yet, but I cant imagine it would sound any better then any other dome like area. Lets just put it in the silverdome, the acoustics in there are amazing. HA!

They need to blow the darn Silverdome to the sky!! The place is cold, dark, and high school bands sound terrible in there!!! :sshh:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the funny thing is my best friend is a UM fan :worthy:

but in all seriousness. The Shoe (IMO) has SOOO much more to offer than Michigan Stadium. AND there are more seats that can be offered on one side. If I were to pick somewhere in Michigan to have Finals I would pick either Waldo Stadium at WMU in K-zoo, or Spartan Stadium in Lansing.

I like the stadium and area of Waldo Stadium at WMU. But one reason finals will never be there would be the Amtrak line that runs next to the stands. Can you imagine the DVD or CD being wrecked by a train??? And we all thought that "KRYSTALLLL!!!" was bad!!!! b**bs

Columbus's main features are malls?

there are more. I just cant think of them all right now. heck if CJO is giving a concert that is awesome. you can always check out TBDBITL. OSU is..amazing. South Campus there is all sorts of stuff to do. If you're in Columbus, and you're bored, there is something wrong with you. And I said malls because lots of people like malls with drum corps because you can drop em off they can spend the day chillaxing then you just come back later. Columbus has something to offer everyone and its a shame that they seem to avoid it like the plague. Not to mention Columbus in August is amazing. Not too hot during the day, not too cold at night.

Oh and you can always go to Old German Village for some fantastic food and good beer, and awesome shopping. Catch a Crew game, too bad the Blue Jackets arent playing in the summer :) there is a whole bunch of stuff to do in Columbus. Ohio was built for drum corps :)

Theres definately enough big schools in the area to house corps.

There are 64 HS's in the Columbus-Tri-County Area. Dublin-Coffman HS hosts OMEA State MB Finals every year as well as the Dublin show, goregous place. Gahanna-Lincoln and Westerville North are 2 off the top of my head I can think of that would be GREAT places to host corps because they have almost all of their athletic facilities right on campus to make for maximum field usage.

...And I said malls because lots of people like malls with drum corps because you can drop em off they can spend the day chillaxing then you just come back later....

CHILLAXING? What the h3ll kind of word is that??? :worthy::huh:

Figures...coming from an OSU fan.

3. Texas A&M's Kyle Field: football2.jpg

2. Atlanta's Georga Dome: georgiadome2.jpg

1. LSU's 'Death Valley: tigermain.jpg

We'll find out this summer how good the Georgia Dome handles sound!!! :)