Crossmen

I don't know if you were in high school yet, but my sophomore year, Hialeah High's winter guard did a stellar performance to Linda Eder's rendition of Man of La Mancha.

Was that the year of the italian music and the lingerie-like outfits and the chairs? I think I'd recognize Man of La Mancha now (oh shush....my mom likes it), but I don't think I would have then.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that the year of the italian music and the lingerie-like outfits and the chairs? I think I'd recognize Man of La Mancha now (oh shush....my mom likes it), but I don't think I would have then.

No. I don't recall the show with the chairs. This would have been in 2001. I think I made myself feel old.

I've now heard that in addition to the Metheny music, there is a song by Linda Eder (sp?). I'm guessing it will be the ballad. ????

If true, that would most likely continue the trend they've been setting in recent years having some of the most beautifully melodic and memorable ballads in DCI.

what tune ?

No. I don't recall the show with the chairs. This would have been in 2001. I think I made myself feel old.

(that was my first year in HS. we're off topic. :sshh: )

My friend who goes to school with me up here in Ithaca (who marched ECJ with me last year) is marching Crossmen this year. I've heard nothing but good things from him, and he's a brutally honest person. If something's bad, he'll say it, the wonders of being music ed majors. Anyways, yeah, they made their final brass cuts this past camp is what he said. That and the ballad is "absolutely amazing". So, I'm looking forward to their show and how they use Metheny's "The Way Up" since it is some interesting stuff.

If it's something made popular by Linda Eder... I'm personally hoping for "I Want More." Gosh, what a pretty song, and it's got some gorgeous horn parts in it. Wouldn't exactly be a ballad, but it would certainly be rockin'.

It's "If I had My Way" We will release a cut of it this week from the camp.... :music:

:music::music::music:

It's "If I had My Way" We will release a cut of it this week from the camp.... :music:

:music::music::worthy: