Most enjoyable Drum Corps Documentry ever

Well i know i am behind times over here but i have just watched brass roots and i have to say that is the most enjoyable documentry on DCI I have ever watched........

Edited by Snapps

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i know i am behind times over here but i have just watched brass roots and i have to say that is the most enjoyable documentry on DCI I have ever watched........

A couple other worthy mentions. . .

"One Night In August" - 1979 Spirit of Atlanta

"The Troopers Are Coming" - 1969 Troopers

"Superfine Line" - 1976 Madison Scouts

"Band on the Run" - 1994 Colts (45 minute show done by local station KDUB)

Chuck Naffier

I've got the Stan Kenton video from around 73 or 74 that features SCV but also shows some Blue Stars, Troopers, Kilties, and Madison - can't remember the name - I think it's "Competitive Drum Corps" and I think I got it from McCormack Enterprises. Highly recommended!

Where would someone find a copy of these documentaries?

I've got the Stan Kenton video from around 73 or 74 that features SCV but also shows some Blue Stars, Troopers, Kilties, and Madison - can't remember the name - I think it's "Competitive Drum Corps" and I think I got it from McCormack Enterprises. Highly recommended!
You got it right Rob! I can remember using that movie(on an old super8 projector) as a recruiting tool when we went to schools back in the 70s.

Two others I remember, but can't think of the correct titles were one about the Troopers with Walter Brennan narrating, and one the Cavies did in the early 60s that, by the time I ever saw it , was flat out funny, but still described corps life quite well......talked about the "street hoods" and their "Be-Bop" haircuts getting their acts together after joining the Corps.

I would love to get my hands on copies of all three!!

*edited due to fakt thet i kant spel ryit*

Edited by Bob Brady

Snapps, I don't believe you're behind the times at all. That documentary is a very informative one and had a little bit of everything!

I like beanmans (drmr27) document of us, because I'm so impartial....LOL That can be seen at -http://beanman.net/

The one from 93/94 is not really a documenary but the one made for our 35th anniversary is. Also on his site is a 1971 show- I believe the Kingsmen helped with that.... :worthy: Kudos drmr27 for your site and all of the work you've done to keep us alive! Your work and ideas are fabulous in my opinion.

I remember seeing a documentary featuring SCV from either 1971 or '72 (I think). I can't recall the name, but it followed the corps on tour, with most of the footage from off the field. Some really good clips of GR addressing the corps.

Does anyone else remeber that?

Barry - believe you're talking about the Competitive Drum Corps I posted here earlier - Stan Kenton narrates, follows SCV on a tour/parade/show, and McCormack Enterprises made it back in 73/74 - I'm sure there's a website for mccormackenterprises.com that you could (and SHOULD!) order the video from!

Best of luck!