Gulf Coast Sound Camp - January 28-29, 2006

Gulf Coast Sound's next camp will be on Saturday and Sunday, January 28-29, 2006 at Rittenhouse Babtist Church, 513 W. Rittenhouse Rd., Houston, Texas. Times for camp on Saturday will be 10am-7pm, and Sunday, 1pm-6pm. Maps and directions can be found on our website:

www.gulfcoastsound.org

We will be focusing primarily on the music for our 2006 production "Shades of Green" and marching basics. We still have spots open in all sections. Placement in the hornline/drumline/pit and guard are based on desire to work and your passion to the drum corps activity. Remember, we are "all-age", which means just that, we have many high school/college aged people and just as many professional people in their 20's to 50's. So dig out your old mouthpiece or sticks out of the drawer or box and come on out and play!

We would love to see you come out to rehearsal and find out more about GCS, who we are and what we're all about. Your new friends and "family" are waiting to meet YOU!

Any questions can be addressed to this email address. I look forward to seeing you at camp this weekend!

Day one of camp was great! The weather was a bit on the wet side, but we got a bit of marching done and a whole lot of music down. This afternoon we meet again from 1-6 to recap what we did yesterday and ensamble most of our 2006 show music. It is not too late to join us!

Barb Wendt

Govies 1996

Gulf Coast Sound 2005-2006 and beyond...

www.gulfcoastsound.org

All I can say after this weekend is "Wow."

GCS just completed their first all weekend camp of the year and what a camp it was. After extensive work on the opener and the drum feature, we busted out the new chart for the ballad. Simply amazing. I thought last year's ballad was going to be hard to top but I think we have done it.....and its only January.

If you live in or near Houston and want to come out and join us please do. We still have spots open in all sections. Our next camp is Feb. 11th at Rittenhouse Baptist Church from 10AM to 9PM. Come on out and join us. We promise you will have the time of your life. See our website (www.gulfcoastsound.org) for details and maps.

Also, 1 week after our next camp is the big Mardi Gras weekend in Galveston. We hope to have a lot of you join us for a weekend of beads and drum corps.

All I can say after this weekend is "Wow."

GCS just completed their first all weekend camp of the year and what a camp it was. After extensive work on the opener and the drum feature, we busted out the new chart for the ballad. Simply amazing. I thought last year's ballad was going to be hard to top but I think we have done it.....and its only January.

If you live in or near Houston and want to come out and join us please do. We still have spots open in all sections. Our next camp is Feb. 11th at Rittenhouse Baptist Church from 10AM to 9PM. Come on out and join us. We promise you will have the time of your life. See our website (www.gulfcoastsound.org) for details and maps.

Also, 1 week after our next camp is the big Mardi Gras weekend in Galveston. We hope to have a lot of you join us for a weekend of beads and drum corps.

Yeah. Exactly...Wow.

All we have to do is keep this up until finals........... b**bs

Thank you GCS for one of my most memorable drum corps experiences ever. I'm really looking forward to taking the next steps with you on this journey and discovering where it leads.

any pics up on the site?

any pics up on the site?

Thanks Joe for pointing this out. I have a new camera I could be taking to practice...so I will start.

Next camp is next weekend (Feb. 11th) Yahoooooo!

B)