Great stuff on Google video search

Want an acoustical pocket? Try the field at the Massillon, Ohio show. While the seats are a little further away, the over hang of the roof and judge's boxes make that an accoustical dream come true--all the sound gets trapped into the audience.

Meadowlands, NJ......aka: The Echo Chamber :sshh:

Tony B)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeaaahh..

Alright, I confess, I'm that guy conducting the 93 regiment

That's really funny... I had no idea I was out there

(I stole the 2 against 3 trick from the Madison drum major, Joel Carther, when he did the same thing in '02 with our opener)

Needless to say, it takes a lot of coordination, practice, and a good amount of hawaiian punch

http://youtube.com/w/Vanguard-Part-Deux?v=...6Ts4&search=dci

This "Peter Brady-esk" fan was clearly moved by the emotion of the SCV this past year!

Want an acoustical pocket? Try the field at the Massillon, Ohio show. While the seats are a little further away, the over hang of the roof and judge's boxes make that an accoustical dream come true--all the sound gets trapped into the audience.

What's more you ask? Have you seen the lineup for the show this year at Massillon on July, 31, 2006? Best Non-DCI show I honestly believe. Given how late this is in the season, for your money, you won't find a better show. I dare you to find another non-DCI show that has the following:

Cadets

Blue Devils

Cavaliers

Bluecoats

Blue Knights

Esperanza

Spartans

Yeah I will most def be heading back to massilon this year for that show. That's the best lineup of a show in ohio this year imo. Which side do they have as the home stand for the show. the side with the overhang or the other side? cuz last year when i was there for the blue preview they had the home side on the side without the overhang. i can only imagine the accoustical chamber that it would be! :) The thing about centerville is that stadium is right on top of the field unlike most larger stadiums!

we can tell you are a cavies/cadets fan

Actually I tried to be as neutral as possible in my selection, I just based it off whatever I browsed was "cool" under a cursory of a few shows.

But if you would like to know I'm more of a Cadets and SCV fan.

Yeah I will most def be heading back to massilon this year for that show. That's the best lineup of a show in ohio this year imo. Which side do they have as the home stand for the show. the side with the overhang or the other side? cuz last year when i was there for the blue preview they had the home side on the side without the overhang. i can only imagine the accoustical chamber that it would be! :) The thing about centerville is that stadium is right on top of the field unlike most larger stadiums!

I'm almost positive it'll be on the opposite side as the show you were at. The show during the season was facing the overhang side....I THINK the only reason it was otherwise, was because there was construction at the time on the usual side. So....expect it to be much louder this coming season. :)

"I THINK the only reason it was otherwise, was because there was construction at the time on the usual side."

The music staff likes to face them that way so they can get a better balance read early season since anywhere else they go does not have the overhang. I can't remember if the pit was already set up when we got there, but I would assume they were already set up on that side from rehearsal.

Great stadium for drum corps either way! The other good news is they sell way too many home show tickets for the audience to fit on the side without the overhang.

• 3 weeks later...

gone now

Edited by TommySopranoContra