Question for the USMC Drum Corps

Hello to the USMC @ the 8th & I:

There is a picture of the new two valve GF Kanstuls that are going to the USMC in this weeks edition of DCW. Can anyone in the USMC drum corps fill us in on what wil be/is being done with your old/current set of Kanstul GF two valves.

Defy Gravity.

Elphaba

If it's anything like when teh Air Force Academy got new Kanstul 3 valvers in the early 90s, the'll probably be turned in to military surplus for disposal....either through sale or by simply being destroyed.

That's how I got the DEGs from the AFA for Nightfire...(that, and Rocketman paid for the shipping).

You Do have to be careful, tho...I thought we would be getting an approproate mix i teh brass line....turned out I got plenty of sopranos, some mellos, a few baris, no contras (they had not beed turned in...too expensive to replace until they'd totally fallen apart), and a bunch of French horns listed as euphs!! I got into a big argument with the guy in LA who'd facilitated the donation of the gear. He looked aqt the shipping manifest and insisted we got what was listed..."Dude...I've BEEN in drum corps...I KNOW a French horn from a euphonium...you don't."

Maybe I should look into this......

Edited by 84BDsop

I'll add my order to that. I need a sop. and a mello. ~smiles~ no seriously. I need to start learning something lighter than my bari but we aint got no mellophones.

I was gonna call Brent but he's been unavailable. Or so says mother.

I checked the appropriate gov't sites (I have access) , for excess/surplus under musical instruments. No bugles listed.

They probably haven't been turned in or processed yet...I seem to recall a bit of a delay between the AFA getting their 3 valvers and the old 2's showing up on the list. Keep checking.