teaching "Faust" in Colorado

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Teaching Faust in Colorado"

A great name for a band.

LOL ... actually, my inspiration was the title of the memoir Reading Lolita in Tehran written by a woman who (illegally) taught Western literature to girls in Iran, defying her country's religiously-motivated oppression.

Edited by Orpheus

Sign 'em, Lee! You only need 3 for a power trio. Should be easier than creating the hippest drum corps in the world....rumor has it you need 7 to start one of those!

Hah! I read "Lolita" in jr. high, which, back in the dark ages was probably a lot like Iran today!

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3

Maybe she can show "Jesus Christ Superstar" next to really #### off people. :P

:worthy::wub: :wub:

What a joke. Yet another reason I'll never move to some hokey little town where anything out of the 'mainstream' is labeled as 'evil'

You say "evil" like it's a bad thing. :P

Beat me to it, Lee.

But......I actually like living in small towns. The smaller the better. Smallest I can recall was way less than 700 people. Try be "the new guy" there! Forget New York, New York.....if you can make it in some tiny little burg you CAN make it anywhere.

Just don't try to date those little town daughter though, especially if you're a California longhair with a college degree and if you're allergic to stinkeye...and worse.

You just gotta know how to deal with folks.

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3

interesting...im glad to hear that yet another small closed minded community wants to shelter their children breeding yet another closed minded generation...go team...