question

Hey,

This is Alex Bender. Someone told me about this question so I decided to come and answer it for you. As for missing the high g, anyone who saw the bluecoats in the first week of shows can answer yes to that. I had some issues in the end of move-in that led into the first 3-4 shows. I had gone home for graduation and didn't play at all (bad idea). I came back and expected to be where I left off but I wasn't. I also wasn't able to stay up on the routine that I have been doing since 10th grade (called the Maggio System) because I didn't have time to do so during the day, or so I thought. After a week of it feeling impossible to play and always worrying about it, I got some much needed advice and guidance from Donny Allen and John Ponner. Donny called of his good friends (also a DCI brass judge) Dr. Chip Crotts. Chip told Donny to make sure I got back on my routine everyday. So I did that faithfully before I at lunch everyday and never missed it again. So the moral of the story is stick to your fundamentals that got you to where you are.

Anyway, this was really weird to see a discussion thingy about me. Whatever, and Rubble you are correct with your comment on my smarts. How about that time on the bus when Alaina went home?!!?!? Don't reply to that one, at least not online!

Peace

yeah, i actually saw your practicing the high stuff on a lunch break at the housing site for the memphis show this past season... you gonna step up and nail one again this year? hehe

Bender is AWESOME!!!! :tic::peek::peek: Excellent replacement for Wasey! :P

as for the more general question here - think back to 1996, with John Schipper having to nail those absolutely ridiculous solos for Scouts after a short mello intro and a really loud chord (neither of which he was a part of)... those were his first notes and he seemed to do pretty well with the part.