Another tragedy in the Percussion family.

Friday night, February 24th, 5 members of the Paradox Percussion Theatre (a WGI independant Open drumline from Miami-dade, FL) and Kiwanis Kavaliers were involved in a major accident on their way to the Kiwanis Camp.

They were roughly 5 minutes away from the camp site when they lost control of the SUV they were riding in, causing it to flip a couple of times. One of our members, Yansel Orta, 18, was ejected from the vehicle. Unfortunately, he did not make it. The rest of the members were unharmed, and at home resting.

Yansel Orta 7/31/87 - 2/24/06

We lost someone with a huge heart and a tremendous love for the activity and the 2 organizations in which he was in. As I type with tears in my eyes, I cannot begin to stress how important it is for everyone to drive safely and wear their seat belts. Please keep Yansel and the rest of the members in your thoughts and prayers. This has been a devastating blow to family, friends, and his 2nd family at PDX.

The Paradox Percussion Theatre, has set up a memorial page for those who would like to pay their respects.

www.pdxpercussion.net

We ask that everyone PLEASE drive safely and always wear your seat belts. Yansel was not wearing his, but maybe some good came come from this tragedy. Nobody is "too cool" to wear their seatbelts.

Thank you

that's really sad

Tony, weren't members of Paradox in another car accident earlier this year? I had heard a friend from Stryke mention something about a bunch of Paradox (its still weird not saying "SFPC," but I suppose I'll get used to it) kids in some kind of accident, when we hanging out during the Wellington guard/drumline show; certainly well over a few days ago.

Yansel will be missed. He was cool people...

Tony, weren't members of Paradox in another car accident earlier this year? I had heard a friend from Stryke mention something about a bunch of Paradox (its still weird not saying "SFPC," but I suppose I'll get used to it) kids in some kind of accident, when we hanging out during the Wellington guard/drumline show; certainly well over a few days ago.

Yes.. January 16th 7 members were in a similar serious accident. 2 members had been ejected and one member is out for the season because of a neck injury he suffered when he was ejected.

Shouldn't be wierd saying paradox instead of sfpc. 2 different organizations. SFPC is still around, just went inactive doing fundraisers and such.