Another new corps from Tennessee on the rise.

Well, the state I'm currently living in has another new corps on the rise called Appalachian Sound. http://www.appalachiansound.org/index.htm

Non competitive right now. Awsome to see another one though. That makes number 3 for Tennessee now. One in every region of the state now too. Memphis Sound - West TN. Music City Legend (my favorite TN corps hehe) - Middle TN. Appalachian Sound - East TN. Not too shabby for a little mid southern state eh?

What's the status of "The Presidents" all-age corps from Greeneville in East TN?

Don't know about that one. :worthy: Shoot! I run Tennessee's marching arts website too. That's embarrassing that I don't know about it. :sshh: Better do some investigating. Great news if it's true! We at MCL could use a good state rival in the future. :)

Edited by torn8o

This is great news............................nice to see the star of drum corps is on the rise and alive and well in Tennessee!!

This is great news............................nice to see the star of drum corps is on the rise and alive and well in Tennessee!!

I'm definitely proud of the state I'm currently living in! :) Both drum corps and band activities are holding their own quite well these days. :) Big change from when I marched. When I marched, anytime we went to Tennessee it was always - "Tennessee? Why are we going there?" Although, who from 1988 Freelancers could ever forget the special NATURAL G.E. we had for our show in Sevierville TN? Anyone else who may have been there know what I'm talking about? One of my favorite memories. :)

Edited by torn8o

I hate to bring up bad memories (as I shudder), but didn't that wingnut from RAMD "Howdy" have something do with the Presidents, and there was this big online brawl between Howdy and the president of the Presidents?

Scott...be happy you weren't around.

Howdy.

(shudder)

torn8o,

I remember that "natural GE" from back in 1988 at Sevierville. That performance was truly electric!

y can't any corps make a corps in Michigan all the ones started fail the next year or never get to start