• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it has not been announced that they are playing anything from Terminator 3. They announced that they are playing "the music of Marco Beltrami and Wynton Marsalis." Marco Beltrami is a film composer who scored Terminator III, as well as others like Hellboy and Scream.

People simply assumed that because the show was called MACHINE, they would play something from T3 because it was scored by Beltrami and subtitled Rise Against the Machines. What they would play from it, I have no clue, but there are some nice options.

In any case, it has NOT been formally announced at this point . . . only speculation.

I've heard what they have so far.. and portions are indeed taken from the T3 soundtrack.. though I think it's been integrated with other musical statements and likely some original content as well (sort of the way Niagara Falls was put together for them, I imagine..)

I rarely use terms like this but it is wicked cool!

Stef

Frameworks pt.III, gonna be sweet B)

Maybe for some, but for others like me it will be musically "Frameworks Part III" and visually "Frameworks Part V" - enough already, try something new. I wonder what this year's version will be of the square that moves through the circle, the box that keeps folding over itself, the form that moves across the field and either adds members in or drops them off into a straight line across the field, etc. Yes, some of the most exciting looking drill out there but the same concepts in different order and slightly modified for the past few years.

Every drillwriter has their own style. I wouldn't want Michael Gaines to be anything but Michael Gaines when he writes the Cavaliers drill. Just like I wouldn't want Jeff Sacktic or Myron Rosander or Marc Sylvester or Jay Murphy to be anything but themselves. And I have found that Gaines has done an amazing job at maintaining his characteristic style and allowing it to develop and progress into new areas year after year.

You might look at 2005 and see the same thing as what you saw in 2002. I don't. I look at 2005 and see added depth and complexity than what I saw in 2002. I look at 2002 and see added depth and comlexity to what I saw in 1999. Nobody has to like his style if they don't want to, but to deny that he has adapted and changed with the years passing by would be to ignore reality. Trademark moves notwithstanding (which just about EVERY corps has), he is not writing the same thing year after year. Life is not that black and white.

Maybe for some, but for others like me it will be musically "Frameworks Part III" and visually "Frameworks Part V" - enough already, try something new. I wonder what this year's version will be of the square that moves through the circle, the box that keeps folding over itself, the form that moves across the field and either adds members in or drops them off into a straight line across the field, etc. Yes, some of the most exciting looking drill out there but the same concepts in different order and slightly modified for the past few years.

Yet I hear the Cadets will be using the door again.......but I suppose that is ok!!! <**>

Edited by LaSqueegee

Every drillwriter has their own style. I wouldn't want Michael Gaines to be anything but Michael Gaines when he writes the Cavaliers drill. Just like I wouldn't want Jeff Sacktic or Myron Rosander or Marc Sylvester or Jay Murphy to be anything but themselves. And I have found that Gaines has done an amazing job at maintaining his characteristic style and allowing it to develop and progress into new areas year after year.

You might look at 2005 and see the same thing as what you saw in 2002. I don't. I look at 2005 and see added depth and complexity than what I saw in 2002. I look at 2002 and see added depth and comlexity to what I saw in 1999. Nobody has to like his style if they don't want to, but to deny that he has adapted and changed with the years passing by would be to ignore reality. Trademark moves notwithstanding (which just about EVERY corps has), he is not writing the same thing year after year. Life is not that black and white.

Rut-roh, I again applaud you for your insightful display of common sense. :worthy:

Even though worthy is the MOST over-used icon on this board . . . :)

Rut-roh, I again applaud you for your insightful display of common sense. :ph34r:

Even though worthy is the MOST over-used icon on this board . . . :)

:worthy::music::music::music:

nice try, but you cant even compare the two...

You're right!

Re-using a distracting prop makes WAY less sense than a skilled and talented drill designer developing a signature style (not unlike Sylvester, Sacktig, Zingali or Brubaker) and using the building blocks of that style to create something new every year.

Absolutely, you can't compare the two.

Stef

You're right!

Re-using a distracting prop makes WAY less sense than a skilled and talented drill designer developing a signature style (not unlike Sylvester, Sacktig, Zingali or Brubaker) and using the building blocks of that style to create something new every year.

Absolutely, you can't compare the two.

Stef

distracting is a person point of view... obviously the judges didnt think so, thats #1

#2, what i was refering to was using the same prop vs. using the same style of drill that Gaines writes... what La Squeegee was trying to say was that people allow the cadets to use the same prop and dont get dissed for using something the same, in response to someone saying michael gaines uses the same types of drill.

you cant compare props to drill. apples and beef... it wont work.

so how about the two of you stop being so Cavaliers defensive?