Toughest Guard book of the 2000s

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DID any DCI colorguard qualify as having a "guard book" in the 2000's?

Let alone tough?

IMHO? Nope.

Sharon

hmm.... ok then, I'd like to see you do the little spin-jump-split thing that BD did at the end of their 2004 show... I mean, if it wasnt tough, then you shouldnt have any problems...

DID any DCI colorguard qualify as having a "guard book" in the 2000's?

Let alone tough?

IMHO? Nope.

Sharon

Talk about tough ?? I dont think you could even handle ten counts of anything most of the guard did in the years 2000 - 2005. Its one thing to like and admire what you like, a totally different animal to put down what is being done today for the sake of being disgruntled.

1979 North Star couldnt hold a candle to what corps like Blue Devils, Cavaliers, Cadets, Vanguard, Scouts Crown, et all do today. The amount of transitions from one set to the other, the movement while performing these sets The variety of holds, releases, ensemble offerings..........have you seen anybody from 2000 on ??

And yes, guards do qualify of having guard books in the year 2000 and beyond. The "repetoire" and "vocabulary" included a lot more than slams and spins and idle counts........I find it humurous that anyone from North Star would comment so vehemently on guard at all, you guys werent really noted for your colorguard at all, I meam, not even in the top two in your state of Mass. alone !! LOL <wink, wink>

~G~

Talk about tough ?? I dont think you could even handle ten counts of anything most of the guard did in the years 2000 - 2005. Its one thing to like and admire what you like, a totally different animal to put down what is being done today for the sake of being disgruntled.

1979 North Star couldnt hold a candle to what corps like Blue Devils, Cavaliers, Cadets, Vanguard, Scouts Crown, et all do today. The amount of transitions from one set to the other, the movement while performing these sets The variety of holds, releases, ensemble offerings..........have you seen anybody from 2000 on ??

And yes, guards do qualify of having guard books in the year 2000 and beyond. The "repetoire" and "vocabulary" included a lot more than slams and spins and idle counts........I find it humurous that anyone from North Star would comment so vehemently on guard at all, you guys werent really noted for your colorguard at all, I meam, not even in the top two in your state of Mass. alone !! LOL <wink, wink>

~G~

That was a tad rough

~G~

:blush:

Am I the only one who thinks that this forum needs a 'pwned!' smilie?