• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, sorry.

I accidentally forgot the s dude.

Rookie pics a drum corps for the s/n...

Then proceeds to expound on how the Cadets did such a good job last year of bridging the gap between everyone's tastes in shows. Makes a slight hint as to Cavies show in 2002, then goes and changes his mind...

Says he's new to the activity. Then consults his DCI 2005 Finals DVD as to the Cadets show rep is because Hoppy says so on there...

Something smells a little fishy...

Where did that trolling motor go, anyways?

And he still hasn't given me that American $3 bill. :(

Edited by Toby

You're annoyed? Then your tone of annoyance is self inflicted in this situation. Why? You don't have to look at the predictions.

Predictions isn't the correct term, it's more like placing bets. It's a axiomatic that the scores before seeing evidence is subject to vast change.

First of all, it'd be an axiomatic. Not a axiomatic. For someone who is "taking the AP English test in 2 months" I would hope you know how to use a and an properly. I would know. I took both AP Lang and Lit and got 5's on both (and I'm an English major... and Jared's a creative writing major). Although really, I think you meant "It's axiomatic," seeing as how that's how you use the word properly. You could say "It's an axiom," but saying "It's an axiomatic" isn't right. Axiomatic is an adjective, not a noun. You can't be "an axiomatic."

The sentence really makes no sense though. It's an axiomatic that the scores before seeing evidence is subject to vast change. If the subject of the verb "is" is scores, to be proper tense would be "are.." you know, that whole verb-noun agreement thing. I'm trying to change around the wording to make a coherent sentence, but I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say, so it's kind of difficult. Could you rewrite the sentence with more clear syntax? Then I might be able to understand what you mean.

Perhaps you meant "It's axiomatic that the scores before seeing evidence are subject to vast change?" You might have done better just to say "It's axiomatic that the scores are subject to change before the season starts." Which really isn't true, considering no scores are released before the season starts. I'm just generally confused right now. Writing through this didn't help.

Edited by TTitans909

Yeah, sorry.

I accidentally forgot the s dude.

It seems to me like some people are trying to start a fight where one doesn't really exist... I hope I would never get this kind of greeting if I misspelled corps...

Yes, 27thLancer14 has some strong criticism, but I think that's allowed to a point. Not sure if this person is going to cross the line, but I don't feel they have.

And for some who believe 27thLancer14 is ignorant, which I have seen some respond, might I be the one to remind that ignorance is not a crime...

It seems to me like some people are trying to start a fight where one doesn't really exist... I hope I would never get this kind of greeting if I misspelled corps...

Yes, 27thLancer14 has some strong criticism, but I think that's allowed to a point. Not sure if this person is going to cross the line, but I don't feel they have.

And for some who believe 27thLancer14 is ignorant, which I have seen some respond, might I be the one to remind that ignorance is not a crime...

Im not saying ignorance is crime, but I consider lying flat faced to be. If you took a closer look I wasn't really posting to tell him about misspelling corps...