SCV 2004

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought SCV should have won in 2004. Who's with me?

I liked their overall show theme. I thought it was very detailed musically and visually. It seemed like every drill move had a real purpose.

I liked their overall show theme. I thought it was very detailed musically and visually. It seemed like every drill move had a real purpose.

Agreed. The show was great! I thought it was the most complete package out of the top 3 that year, but in terms of musical cleanliness, I thought they were a little dirtier (brass-wise) than Blue Devils, and visually dirtier than the Cavaliers. I do not, however, agree with their general effect scoring. I believe they should have been rated higher... their performance was very good.

Blue Devils and Cavaliers that year had two of the greatest shows I've ever seen. I'm a biased Cavaliers fan and their show was great, but no show has floored me in person quite like the Blue Devils did that year. It's the one year I would have been happy with a tie.

That said, I would place SCV 2004 in a distant third, and I'm not sure that they shouldn't have been fourth. I was a big fan of what SCV was doing through to 2003, but I haven't enjoyed their last two shows nearly as much. Scheherezade just doesn't do it for me.

Edited by Maedhros

As far as 3rd place shows go, I think that BD '95 should have won that year. BD '00 should have won brass. MAYBE Cadets '96 could have tied for the title (3 way tie, what?), but probably not. SCV '04; great program, but Phantom '05 was more deserving of a jump up than Scheherazade. BD and Cavies were MUCH cleaner in '04.

i think 3rd was right where they shoulda placed

it's not too difficult to see that from watching the DVD. in person, i thought they shoulda won, but from a removed location watching the DVD, i agreed w/ their placement.

although, i definitely think they shoulda gotten higher in GE