Threads on 1960s Drum Corps Decline

In the past few days some threads have touched on why so many corps went down the tubes during the 1960s. I know this has been covered a few times in DCP and RAMD as I usually open my fat yap during these discussions. Thought it would be a good idea to post links to these threads as a reference when we discuss why corps have gone under.

Only one problem with this idea.......

I CAN'T FIND THE FREAKIN' THREADS!!! :wub:

Searched DCP under a few phrases that I know I used and none of the titles look right. (I'll check more when I get a chance.) Can't remember if this was before we went to the new server and some stuff went bye bye.......

Also checked RAMD and found threads that were basically useless for any historical reference. One problem is some RAMD folks choose not to archive their posts and it really mugs up trying to follow a discussion. Other problem is a person there who needs help in dealing with things (all I'll say).....

If anyone can help with this please post and I promise to save the links this time..... :(

Yeh, I'd better start saving off good info....

And saving THAT info for the next time the hard drive goes *poof*....

if they are more than a year old - they've been pruned from DCP database - it gets too big :(

Is size the only criteria George? That would make sense why the posts I'm looking for are missing yet some of the old threads I started are still there. (See a few history threads I need to save off.)

Is size the only criteria George? That would make sense why the posts I'm looking for are missing yet some of the old threads I started are still there. (See a few history threads I need to save off.)

its not a size issue - threads are pruned due to inactivity

if you don't want a thread to be pruned just make sure it gets a reply once in a while (bump it by posting "archived") and that will prevent it from ever being pruned. Twice a year should work - but PM Rich to make sure as I am no longer running the site.

OK, thanks......

Got a big smile on my face right now as I was a Unix system admin and remember fighting with people over disk space, etc, etc... Smiling 'cause I'm #### glad I'm not responsible for this site. :) :) :) :) :) :)