Parade Tunes

Yes, Santana too!

With Brass-O-Mania! we did Santana's "Everybody's Everything" - plan to use that arrangement for the new group as well.

For the tk2 Project we also hope to use:

The Jetsons main theme

Sing, Sang, Sung (Big Phat Band)

What is Hip?

Late in the Evening

The Jazz Police (Big Phat band)

Get it on

Who Can I Turn To?

Opus One

Serenade in Blue

A few original Blues and Latin tunes by a couple of local composers

Some of these will be tough to start out with, but I hope to get all of them into the show at some point.

Edited by brassomaniac

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Santana too!

With Brass-O-Mania! we did Santana's "Everybody's Everything" - plan to use that arrangement for the new group as well.

For the tk2 Project we also hope to use:

The Jetsons main theme

Sing, Sang, Sung (Big Phat Band)

What is Hip?

Late in the Evening

The Jazz Police (Big Phat band)

Get it on

Who Can I Turn To?

Opus One

Serenade in Blue

A few original Blues and Latin tunes by a couple of local composers

Some of these will be tough to start out with, but I hope to get all of them into the show at some point.

Yes, we have used most of these tunes out, on the fly with Brass-O-Mania! - with only 2 percussionists and a tuba for a rhythm section - so I know that the arrangements work. - You just need the right players to pull it off.

We have used Sing, Sang, Sung in concert, with a full big band. The Gordon Goodwin pieces have to be re-worked to be do-able with the mini-corps, but I'm confident it can be done.

It's all about setting your group apart as a unique entertainment form when you're on the street. Even a small drum corps can blow away any other type of acoustic music group, with a good selection, rehearsed well.

Edited by brassomaniac

Top Chops Brassline parade repertoire includes;

School's Out For Summer

Ants Marching (by Dave Matthews Band)

You Give Love A Bad Name

Land Of 1000 Dances

Usually we'll pick out sections of show music to play. Also, Each section has its own song to play to give the other sections a short rest (the Contras will play "In Heaven There Is No Beer" at just about every opportunity), and a few people will throw out solos, duets, or trios every once in a while, including but not limited to; Sweet Georgia Brown, Tequila, and Happy Birthday if someone requests it.

"Play some Skynard" is heard from the curb somewhat often...We play it when we can. ^OO^

(p.s. For those who don't know, Chops, Inc. marches as three separate parade groups: Chopstix Drumline, Top Chops Brassline, and Hot Chops Colorguard.)

Edited by Spandy

o muy comayva (sp) Santana

Did you mean Oye Como Va?

Yes that is what he means...

DA

i cant even speak english how am i suppose to speak spanish!

Top Chops Brassline parade repertoire includes;

School's Out For Summer

Ants Marching (by Dave Matthews Band)

You Give Love A Bad Name

Land Of 1000 Dances

Usually we'll pick out sections of show music to play. Also, Each section has its own song to play to give the other sections a short rest (the Contras will play "In Heaven There Is No Beer" at just about every opportunity), and a few people will throw out solos, duets, or trios every once in a while, including but not limited to; Sweet Georgia Brown, Tequila, and Happy Birthday if someone requests it.

"Play some Skynard" is heard from the curb somewhat often...We play it when we can. ^OO^

(p.s. For those who don't know, Chops, Inc. marches as three separate parade groups: Chopstix Drumline, Top Chops Brassline, and Hot Chops Colorguard.)

In the past few years that I've been in it, Top Chops has also played "Vehicle", "Chameleon", and "Lucretia MacEvil". And the "Play some Skynyrd" cry is a reminder... We have to dust off the ending of that for parades this year. It's always fun to just whip that out on a whim.

Chopstix has the cadence, "Boyee", and typically they play the drum solo from the field show as a street piece. Hot Chops plugs in some snappy music and does guard work to that.

Contender

Karnevil 9

Lust for life

thats my High School bands noncompetitive songs we play and of course...

HAY BABY!

The farm schools out in the boonies play Hay Baby.

The rest of us play Hey Baby.

(Sorry, but spelling is one of my pet peeves.)