Need help for a drum major tryout

Edited. -KM

Edited by Krista

check that-- vAult

I'd have to look at my DVD aging, but I don't think the DM was in many of the shots, if you were thinking of getting cues from him.

Where were you planning on starting from? "Memory" or the space chord lead in to "Jellicle Ball"?

Your best bet (instead of waiting for a vid) is just to lsten to the audio a LOT. I believe the entire closer is in 4/4...the only transitions are tempo changes, and those are easy to pick out if you know the meter.

Personally, I prefer to use something a bit more varied when I audition for DM....arm-waving's the least impirtant part of hte job -- for all that it's the most public -- but you might as well use something with some tempo AND meter changes.

In 03 I used the last park & bark from 83 Strawberry Soup

In 04 I didn't get a chance to audition (got the position back later in the season), but I was going to use the last bit of 85 Cadets "Candide" (from the last sop solo to the end)

Last year DM audutions were never held and I was on the field

This year I used the last chart from 90 Cavies

I was asked why I just didn't use 84 BD.....seemed like cheating to use my own show...

May I suggest, perhaps, the end of 90 Star of Indiana....last chart? Lots of places there to show your conducting chops.

Closed, as requests for copyrighted material are not allowed on DCP.

Questions/comments and flaming arrows can be thrown my way.

~K