Drum Corps and Skin Cancer

I just wanted to let everybody know that when I read this thread last year it inspired me to get my next pair of perscription glasses with the transitional lenses that get dark in sunlight. I am SO happy with them! I am far more comfortable during rehearsal because of less brightness that comes with wearing any sunglasses, and they have 100% UV protection which keeps my eyes safer. Also, I don't have to worry about switching glasses when I go indoors or outdoors. I highly recommend it!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumping this up for everyone that is packing up for tour. Pack your sunbock!

I have no idea how well this product works, but thought it was interesting. Rit SunGuard SPF I've seen it in the grocery store with Rit dye products.

I had a basal cell carcinoma removed from the left side of my nose two years ago. In order to fill the void, the Dr. cut a flap of skin and pulled it down to the surgery site and sutured it there. The scar isn't too bad, but when I'm out in the bars I'm tempted to make up a tougher story to explain the scar to women!

But the worst part about the surgery is when he stuck the needle in my nose to deaden it. It hurt so bad it brought tears to my eyes! How can so many people stand to have their noses pierced multiple times???

Then there was the cauterization to stop the bleeding. To me, the burning flesh smelled like Burger King. To the doc, it smelled like money....

....so, I always tell my kids to wear sunscreen at bandcamp & rehearsals unless they want Dr. Pinto whittlin' on em in 20 years!

I personally don't use anything over 30 because everything above that contains crazy unnecessary chemicals. No-Ad spf30 does the job just fine! Once before each rehearsal block and you're good to go!

I wonder how they would work if you break em open & rub it on your skin! Yeah, that NoAd stuff is great. It's cheap & it works!