KING 1124-SP fakes from China on EBay?

RiverRat

The picture is probably not the horn they're actually selling; most likely they took that picture from another website or catalog. Even if it is, it's easy to make a horn look good and be very low-quality. (see: Walmart and Sam's Club's "First Act" instruments)

The also have a Tuba too(from india). It even has a brand name Maestro or something similar.

ya I honestly think those horns suck ya 8$ buy it now but that not with the 200$ to ship it. I also had a maestro trombone, it was a piece of S*** and i have a maestro blue trumpet, its allright except that the regester is hard to move around on.

ya I honestly think those horns suck ya 8$ buy it now but that not with the 200$ to ship it. I also had a maestro trombone, it was a piece of S*** and i have a maestro blue trumpet, its allright except that the regester is hard to move around on.

I had a Bestler Chinese Baritone. It's like the BandNow Horns Woodwind Brasswind sells. It didn't really play in tune all that well, and it scared the #### out of me if something broke on it.

I Sold it and bought my Olds Studio Baritone. Best Bari Ever :rock:

Edited by sonofjabba

I love the fact that in the photos, with the horn brand new, not being played, sitting in the case...

The second valve is stuck!

47_1_sbl.jpg

Edited by JeffBanyots

Yeah, I would even venture to say the second valve isn't stuck, but that the stem is short. Or the felt is too thick. Something along those lines might also be the issue.

::Garbage:: Plain and Simple..

Looks more like the Yamaha than the King.. And the pinky ring is like the older Kanstuls.

When I talked to the local music store / repair shop, they told me that they now refuse to work on instruments such as these. These cheap horns from India and China are made of a low grade pot metal. The repair guys said the metal melts at a lower temperature then the solder does. When they would try to fix a brace, the horn would begin to melt before the solder did. I have also been told that the tubas from India will not accept any standard tuba mouthpiece shank, it will only fit the pos mouthpiece that comes with it. Also, quality control is nonexistant, don't be surprised if your pretty new horn shows up missing a valve or with a split in the bell. It really isn't worth the time and headache that these horns will give you, not at any price.

When I talked to the local music store / repair shop, they told me that they now refuse to work on instruments such as these. These cheap horns from India and China are made of a low grade pot metal. The repair guys said the metal melts at a lower temperature then the solder does. When they would try to fix a brace, the horn would begin to melt before the solder did. I have also been told that the tubas from India will not accept any standard tuba mouthpiece shank, it will only fit the pos mouthpiece that comes with it. Also, quality control is nonexistant, don't be surprised if your pretty new horn shows up missing a valve or with a split in the bell. It really isn't worth the time and headache that these horns will give you, not at any price.

Like I said Garbage! My repair guys say the same thing!

Better off buying the real deal a King, Olds, Bach Mercedes, Yamaha, Dynasty's even a Blessing or Jupiter. Or a used horn and Getting it Overhauled to use for a couple bucks more.. At least you can have any repair shop in the world Repair those. BTW The new generation of Jupiter Horns isn't half bad. On par with Dynasty, for less money. The guys who do my repair work speak highly of the Jupiter brass, they've come a long way. I tried a new Jupiter Sousaphone (Fiberglass) Last year, No worst then my the Bach 1529 Fiberglass Sousaphone I had.

That pretty Chrome plating on those Indo/Chinese horns hides a lot of problems. They are too tempting..

www.thebandroom.biz

They have a good Brass buyers guide on eBay. One of the best stops on eBay for musical stuff, and repair work. Located in Chattanooga. I won't let anyone else touch my horn, and I ship all my stuff to them. Tell them Pat Hollins Sent you!