Blue Knights Winter Brass

I do like how BK is really envolved in WGI.....obviously they have one of the best percussion units, I believe they have a winter guard too. You would think, not to diss on BK, but with all of these winter ensembles that they could place higher come summer time. Unless of course everybody leaves to go to another corps.

You think everybody who's in BK does their Winterline stuff?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--First post on DCP!--

I was in the Winter Brass line this year, and will be a rookie member of the Blue Knights this summer...

From what the instructors told us, winter brass is something that a lot of other groups are showing interest in. Ours has existed for three years; only last year was there a full show, and this year we absolutely skyrocketed as far as membership and talent and dedication.

It would definitely be interesting to see other corps try something like this. Or anyone--We only do exhibition shows now. Most every weekend (except for Camp weekends) we perform at a Drum or Guard show or both. Nothing's wrong with exhibition, but a little competition could be healthy to inspire growth.

In theory it would be a similar complication that any corps has with any winter lines... Drumlines and guards have conflicts all the time.

For us, we just didn't have shows those weekends.... I think in some ways it was bad for the winter line, because we'd have to skip a week's worth of rehearsals due to camp.

But also it might have been more detrimental to the Corps hornline for those people to be gone.

Suppose that's a problem that would be dealt with more if this activity becomes competitive...

In theory it would be a similar complication that any corps has with any winter lines... Drumlines and guards have conflicts all the time.

For us, we just didn't have shows those weekends.... I think in some ways it was bad for the winter line, because we'd have to skip a week's worth of rehearsals due to camp.

But also it might have been more detrimental to the Corps hornline for those people to be gone.

Suppose that's a problem that would be dealt with more if this activity becomes competitive...

Yeah, thats what I figured. It would really be cool if WGI were to pick this up. I really like it.