cadets  

349 members have voted

1. 1. Will the cadets repeat this year?!

• yes
    • no
    • i eat children

There are many variables and intangibles that will determine the best corps this summer. No person can say with certainty who will win this year, it's just too early. With that being said, I have attended all but one of the Cadets camps this year and I will say they are definately on purpose. They have a very meaty book and the music is really good. If they can transition this show onto the field successfully, they have a real good chance of another championship. Watch out for the percussion section, they are amazing and short of a meltdown they will be very tough to beat. :rolleyes:

Only in drum corps can a phrase like "very meaty book" be understood by everyone. God, I love drum corps! b**bs

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to have to agree with an earlier post.... Winning is all about Captions.

The Cadets swept all the captions last year pretty convincingly.

So did the 2002 Cavaliers for the most part. And they had the momentum of a three-peat going for them. That seasoned championship calliber staff continued in what was considered a "similar" direction in 2003. The show, to many, was brilliant. To others, it was enough already. They didn't win. This year, the Cadets are planning on going in a somewhat similar direction as well to what they did last year. We'll see if they get similar results as the 2003 Cavaliers. Time will tell, but one thing's for sure: last year is OVER. Last year's recaps mean very little in 2006.
Again....it all about the Captions. The Cadets have the biggest advantage in the captions.
They have NO advantage right now. Unless we somehow have a way to evaluate every other corps on May 3rd. Since we don't, we really have no idea what will happen, other than that they should be in the mix.
I predict number 10 for Holy Name.

I predict number 5 in 7 years for the Cavaliers. :)

Right on. B)

So did the 2002 Cavaliers for the most part. And they had the momentum of a three-peat going for them. That seasoned championship calliber staff continued in what was considered a "similar" direction in 2003. The show, to many, was brilliant. To others, it was enough already. They didn't win. This year, the Cadets are planning on going in a somewhat similar direction as well to what they did last year. We'll see if they get similar results as the 2003 Cavaliers. Time will tell, but one thing's for sure: last year is OVER. Last year's recaps mean very little in 2006.

They have NO advantage right now. Unless we somehow have a way to evaluate every other corps on May 3rd. Since we don't, we really have no idea what will happen, other than that they should be in the mix.

I actually find myself agreeing with you!!!! b**bs

I actually think the genius of their "original music" show design peaked in 2003. I like that show better than 2002, and I love the 2002 show. I thought Spin Cycle was brilliant.

And I don't consider 2000 to be one of the same mold of shows as 2001-2003.

Half of the 2000 show (3rd movement to the end) actually had source material. Movement 1 & 2 were original Saucedo, Johnson, Kuhn writings I believe. If I'm wrong...then so be it!!! :)

Half of the 2000 show (3rd movement to the end) actually had source material. Movement 1 & 2 were original Saucedo, Johnson, Kuhn writings I believe. If I'm wrong...then so be it!!! :)

Yes you're right.

And don't get me wrong, I love Spin Cycle too. ####, I love the Cavies in general, unstable shoulders and all B)