Cadets '96 Olympics Performance on Google Video

This was WAYYY better than listening to Bob Costas running his fat yap throughout the entire performance! :ph34r:

I agree completely!

I taped the 1996 show with Costas' commentary. I can't stand that guy. He "ran his fat yap," speculating about which songs Little Richard was going to perform. Who cares? Just enjoy and (maybe) comment on the current performance.

I really don't think the British commentator was being critical of the Cadets. Given the nature of the performance - with the drum major that lost control of his "band" - I would say that he was playing into the performance. Also keep in mind that the British sense of humor is a bit different than ours in the US.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely!

I taped the 1996 show with Costas' commentary. I can't stand that guy. He "ran his fat yap," speculating about which songs Little Richard was going to perform. Who cares? Just enjoy and (maybe) comment on the current performance.

Most TV people treat it like radio, sadly. "Dead air" on the radio is far different, as there's nothing to see. TV? Shaddap, and listen! Remember that horrible 1982 DCI broadcast? blahblahblah Jeez. :sshh: