• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2001 Cascades, great show.

2003 Patriots, beat E in my opinion.

in Div 2...

ECJ 04... at least a tie with Spartans.

~>conner

uhm, the winner was on top by .02 or something...the two corps practically did tie.

'05 Spartans COULD have won Champs (not with last show's performance)

'04 ECJ COULD have won (Spartans didn't have a great Finals performance, ECJ had their absolute best)

'03 Patriots COULD have won (not very strong during Finals week)

(Hmmm, the corps that could have taken the title all seem to let down on finals)

'05 'Taipei Yuehfu SHOULD have won Divisional (penalty did not have to do with performance quality...they were great)

'02 Cap Reg SHOULD have won (Magic REALLY wasn't a Div 2 corps, don't try to debate with me I won't listen to you)

'01 Cascades SHOULD have won (show was more exciting and done very well, not sure what kept them behind)

I completely agree about ECJ 04. I was at that show. Something that I will never forget. I remember ECJ going into their closer and thunder and lighting striking in the sky behind them. Some jerk yells over the intercom to stop the show, and the drum major just kept going! The crowd went nuts! Good stuff and a strong finish for them.

Now dont get me wrong Spartans were way more consistent. By far my favorite show from div II that year. I was always impressed with their show that year. Based solely on the Grand Finals performance ECJ should have taken it. Spartans were ready and pumped to go on after ECJ, but at Grand Finals that rain delay messed them up in my opinion and they just couldnt hang with ECJ. But i think the judges made up for it in 05 lol.

Good job to both you guys and keep it up

Interesting to see people say Patriots should have won in '03 over Esperanza, but if memory serves me correctly, Patriots never did beat Esperanza throughout the entire summer.

I guess judging must have been consistently against the Patiots all year (sarcasm!!)

1988 Emerald Knights

1992 Northern Aurora

1996 Golden Lancers

Thats awesome...thank you for the compliment. (I marched Golden Lancers 1996 and 1995 as well) and it feels good to get some sort of recognition.

The Mandarin were very good that year. I would say it was apples to oranges (Mandarin oranges I guess).

I thought that the Blue Stars should have won in 1994.

I also thought that the Raiders were superior to the Blue Stars in 2001. To me the Raiders marched one heck of a show...it was clean, enjoyable, accessible.

The Blue Stars show was definitely difficult...but it was a bit over my head :)

Edited by shostahoosier

1988 Emerald Knights

1992 Northern Aurora

1996 Golden Lancers

I'd put 1987 Emerald Knights on that list to.