I got money to BURN on a 4 valve G Contra!

DFragmentor

Give me a price, I send you a check. Easy as that. I want a 4 valve contra in G. Any make would be fine.

To the BrassShop, As soon as another one of your dynasty 4 valvers at $1800 comes in I will have a check with your name on it ready to go!

Edited by DFragmentor

. . . As soon as another one of your dynasty 4 valvers at $1800 comes in . . .

That was an exceptionally low price that will not likely be repeated. Those horns usually go for a lot more than that. You and I really missed out on a great deal. Since even DCA corps are moving to Bb now, I am certain that the bottom will fall out of the G market soon. But will you and I want a GG contra at that point? Or will our own corps have made the switch too?

Good luck, man!

Edited by Periphery

That was an exceptionally low price that will not likely be repeated. Those horns usually go for a lot more than that. You and I really missed out on a great deal.

I now own two of them(deg 4v GG contras), although I'm still not quite sure why, since I play Euphonium. I will be selling at least one of them at seasons end. Sept-November---ish. I've given my current corps first dibs on both, and they are both in use this season. I'm hopefull they will take me up on the offer.

Periphery has second dibs. I'll keep you in mind though. But if things go as planned, I wont have to lug them back to Texas from Wisconsin. I am getting new leadpipes for both, and other structural improvements, but I don't expect the fixed up versions to exceed $2,000 each at resale time. No cases though. Both are in great shape and very playable. Valves move like butter on both. One is missing tune-any-note slide parts, but hopefully that'll be taken care of by seasons end. But like I've said, my current corps has first dibs, and I'm hopefull they'll buy them at costs Neither is available till seasons end(after labor day).

If you can wait till after finals this year, I know the Madison alumni corps is getting rid of some of the horns we will use to blow the doors off the stadium.

YES YES!!! SELL ME YOUR HORNS!! $2000? sure! someone else wants a little more? OK! I can wait as long as it takes but I NEED ONE. MUAHAHA

You can have the ones at $2,000. The Kingsmen Alumni Corps will take everything else. We are marching 24 Big Boys in 2007.

Who wants to join us in Southern California for a 35th anniversary at the Rose Bowl on August 11, 2007?

See us on Jun 24 at Mt SAC in Walnut (So Cal) July 7 an LMS in Torrance and July 9 in Bellflower at Impoulse show.

Tickets are $15 for LMS and Impulse. Contact us directly KAC 949-400-6577 Joe Rybus

Edited by joerybus

Shadow, if you are interested in my F tuba, we could exchange horns up there. I would be willing to drive up because I try never to ship tubas anymore. It would be a great excuse for a road trip. If no interest in my F (I'm guessing because you asked about it in that thread) then if I sell it elsewhere I can just meet you somewhere to take the DEG off of your hands. (BTW – Is it a Willson-made super mag or the smaller four banger?)

Wade

DFragmentor –

Do you know anyone that is looking for three chromed two-valved DEGs for a G hornline? I got 'em . . . pretty cheap, too.

No cases, all need minor work to bell screw braces, which I will do as soon as I get some parts in the mail from DEG. All three play well and have nice, open tones, but are smaller, older horns. We have K-90s now and wish to recoup some $$$ by selling these.

Let me know.

Wade

Edited by Periphery

Shadow, if you are interested in my F tuba, we could exchange horns up there.

So far it's looking like the horns are going to my current corps. I may still be interested in the F tuba though. I'd have to play it to be sure. I'll be back in Texas in late September, so a road trip to Cajun land wouldn't be out of the question. But it looks like my current Contras are spoken for. Which works out alright for me since I really don't have room in the car to lug them back to Texas. Unless someone makes one of those top mount bike racks for Contras. Going through Arkansas normally pelts me with lots of pebbles and rocks, so even that probably wouldn't work.

P.S. I now have some used Contra leadpipes if you're interested in those. One looks like the ones that go with Deg 3 valve Contras in G, and the other apparently for a deg 4 valve in Bb. I got two new ones for Deg 4 valve Contras in G. The Bb one has a twist in it, probably 30% or 40% closure. The G one has some solder work but seems very open and good. Both are useable, it's just that the new ones are better, and prettier.

Edited by Shadow_7