Bushwacker Trivia

and herbie

The all star rain stick man. :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Bushwacker Trivia, How Did Their Drum Line Get So Good In Early 90's"

I think the answer to this was the same answer to the old question, "How do you get to Carnegie Hall?" B)

i drive up 78 to the tunnel :P

dude, you have no idea. i saw Bush early in 93, before the stacks came out,,,and was in awe then.

one tenor tick away from, IMO, perfection at finals.

Hey I'm down with THAT. I haven't heard a DCA recording yet with a battery ensemble with that much sustained clean intensity. The clarity and balance was blowing me away when I first heard and I had to play it over and over because I was in so much awe. I mean you rarely hear a line like that and can top it off with great underlying vibe to boot.

BTW about last year...

I could see that the Bucs drum line was working their tails off last year and it paid off. But I'm not sure everyone in their line was having a good time until it was all over. I could be wrong. Congrats to them. Not too mention some of the other lines like MBA and Bush. They were all throwing down some sweet notes.

Mom

i know many lines close to 93, and one on par with 93( ok, i am biased)....trust me, dig deep.

DCA has had some ###### good lines. Bush just happens to be in the top 2 IMO

I would have to agree with you about the line you are bias for. They both sounded very simular in their ability to express their books with constant definition note to note, beginning to end.

Mom

actually, Empire won drums. Bush and Westshore tied in prelims, and each had one high exposure tick at finals

I didnt want to throw this Thread off topic but I know that Empire had some serious drum lines early in the 90's as well, but Bush was also excellent no doubt!

And West Blouse too!

Donny