http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9pyJQCNDPI...0D%0AAimachi%20

whoa! These guys brought their drumline out to WGI and sprang a 3rd place. Their spinning tenor break was sick.

Mom

Edited by Snapettes Mom

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And their marching band wins the Nippon Zenkoku Taikai (All Japan Nationals) every year they're not in exhibition.

Simply an amazing ensemble.

dang it... maybe this will be like basketball in the olympics and the rest of the world will figure out how to do DCI better than us!! ahhhhhhhhh!

ok i just finished watching-- soo its a show celebrating americans wiping out an indian tribe?? whats with the flag at the end? thats really funny...

exactly what kind of competition was that?

Edited by nero14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9pyJQCNDPI...0D%0AAimachi%20

whoa! These guys brought their drumline out to WGI and sprang a 3rd place. Their spinning tenor break was sick.

Mom

I see your Aimachi and raise you a Yokohama ROBINS ! :huh: The 1996 Phantom Regiment of Japan! (with better drill :sshh: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fDVwP9TAMc&search=dci

Edited by uberon

Were it not for the same judge's sheet in both prelims and finals, they would have been in first both shows.

I'm not ragging on any judge...I'm just stating a fact. I've certainly judged enough marching band shows where my sheet made a difference in the outcome...but I think all judges can say that. You've got to call it as you see it.

dang it... maybe this will be like basketball in the olympics and the rest of the world will figure out how to do DCI better than us!! ahhhhhhhhh!

Only problem with that remark is that it's marching band, not drum corps!!! In Japan, they use "G" horns in Drum Corps and "Bb" in Marching band.

And yes, both units are VERY good.

Edited by drumlinetchr

Dood....they should have won. NOBODY put on a show like that.

Sure music city was crazy, and ryth X was probibly one of my fav winter shows of all time, but no one had a show like Aimachi. they had the complete full package like i have never seen. I expect to see a lot of full shows like this in the future.

ok i just finished watching-- soo its a show celebrating americans wiping out an indian tribe?? whats with the flag at the end? thats really funny...

exactly what kind of competition was that?

Us lazy Americans....only care about our video games and movies. :P

Dood....they should have won. NOBODY put on a show like that.

Sure music city was crazy, and ryth X was probibly one of my fav winter shows of all time, but no one had a show like Aimachi. they had the complete full package like i have never seen. I expect to see a lot of full shows like this in the future.

I love their show as much as the next guy, but they didn't play as well as the other two.