Low Brass Rules!

nice. took me long enough to figure it out. maybe if my pic was a little bigger I woulda gotten it quicker. How could I miss a face as ugly as that. lol. can't wait to see you guys in Rochester. Good luck til then.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh Heh...........Mr. Ellis LOVED this one. He's a baritone and always makes fun of high brass (except me, his wife). :ph34r:

Solo soprano, eh? That's okay. Admitting it is the first step towards recovery.

My $0.02 - Just for the record - CONTRAS RULE, and yes - we INVENTED loud.... any questions??

Skyliners Alumni Contra Line

4560674-lg.jpg

aww, look at those cute little contrabasses.

adorable.

B)

All these sexii contra pictures remind me that I have a lot of money to raise for Super Mags... and I will get them! The four foot wonder triumphs again!

Your 8 is NOT only the ones that invented "LOUD" but do not forget quality

PS - Conga you look great!!!

My $0.02 - Just for the record - CONTRAS RULE, and yes - we INVENTED loud.... any questions??

Skyliners Alumni Contra Line

4560674-lg.jpg

aww, look at those cute little contrabasses.

adorable.

B)

"cute" "little"and "adorable" should NEVER be used in the same sentence as "contrabasses" lol

I'm gonna try and get some pictures of our line up here after the weekend. We're hoping to finish the show tomorrow. Then it's clean, clean, clean between now and September.

Your 8 is NOT only the ones that invented "LOUD" but do not forget quality

Au contraire mon ami - Skyliners were LOUD before the anyone else (thinly veiled reference to some corps in CA and NJ) even thought of it, and yes we are just now beginning to learn about CLEAN as well, but some habits are hard to change :bleah: SKY alumni is just carrying on a tradition by playing some of the greatest charts ever written. And let me tell you, the guys in the photo playing those "cute little contras" - mostly Ultratone G horns (there are two MIA in this photo BTW) can blow the doors off any BBb line - I know, cause I'm also a Tuba player from way back - still play professionally - and unless your Pat Sheridan or playing an Eb horn, there's absolutely no way you're getting the same sound from a Bb horn.