What are some of the differences between DCI

Just wondering, having only seen DCI and a few DCA corps, as well as an exhibition corps or 2 from Japan and Beatrix, what are some of the differences in these corps?

I know that DCA of course is all age, but other than age are there actual differences in scoring and rules?

ANyone have experience in both DCI and another circuit, whether it be DCUK, a Japanese circuit(I haveheard they have one, but don't know what it is called), etc? I have heard that some international corps would compete in DCI but choose exhibition because the rules are supposed to be different, any clue what rules are different? I remember Beatrix performed at finals a few years back, but didn't compete. I had heard the reason for exhibition may have been they have a different age restriction that DCI, but don't know this for fact.

And do any of the other corps resemble American Corps, whether it be musical style and presentation, or marching style? Any mixing of staff and or drill designers etc?

I seem to remember that Blue Devils actually competed(??) against other corps when they toured outside of the US a couple of years ago-and they blew away all competition. Just wondering how they were able to compete, if corps from other countries don't conform to our judging criteria. Did they have to change parts of their show to be eligible to compete?

Any info anyone?

Thanks

I know that Beatrix' did compete in 2004 as well as 2000, and probably also on other tours in the history.

One of the differences is that amps aren't allowed in Europe, it's open age, the corps mostly rehearse twice a week, the whole saturday and like 2.5 hours on an evening.

Most of the corps only have one camp during Eastern and that is also when the summerseason starts which endures until the last saturday of September. The season only consists a few contests. The corps do a lot of commercial shows like tattoo's.

DCI has amuch more intensive schedule that other circuits do not have. i dare say if corps from other circuits had that same schedule, the difference in quality would be nil.

there is a ton of talent in other circuits......but if you go on weekends only, you wont get to where DCI goes. but as DCA has shown, you can get ###### close

Just wondering, having only seen DCI and a few DCA corps, as well as an exhibition corps or 2 from Japan and Beatrix, what are some of the differences in these corps?

I know that DCA of course is all age, but other than age are there actual differences in scoring and rules?

ANyone have experience in both DCI and another circuit, whether it be DCUK, a Japanese circuit(I haveheard they have one, but don't know what it is called), etc? I have heard that some international corps would compete in DCI but choose exhibition because the rules are supposed to be different, any clue what rules are different? I remember Beatrix performed at finals a few years back, but didn't compete. I had heard the reason for exhibition may have been they have a different age restriction that DCI, but don't know this for fact.

And do any of the other corps resemble American Corps, whether it be musical style and presentation, or marching style? Any mixing of staff and or drill designers etc?

I seem to remember that Blue Devils actually competed(??) against other corps when they toured outside of the US a couple of years ago-and they blew away all competition. Just wondering how they were able to compete, if corps from other countries don't conform to our judging criteria. Did they have to change parts of their show to be eligible to compete?

Any info anyone?

Thanks

European and Japanese corps are weekend only. They are also all age groups. I have taught both in Europe and in Japan and they both have some amazingly talented performers. I think the weekend only thing works. It seems DCI corps have such high stakes that they cant take time to enjoy the moment. DCA corps have the right idea in my mind. Having taught a couple of DCA corps as well, they really know how to find that balance between working hard and having a good time.