Oswego-Capital Sound

From the words of someone missing right now (should be returning soon):

Hey guys, I'm on the road right now so I'm the only one to really answer your question, eh? Well, that's just it. I'm not with them and unfortunately with a bass drummer who had just joined backed out right before they left...I'm the 30th member. So they explained that to DCI and performed exhibition due to only 29 members. I hear they got a standing ovation and that it went really well.

No, they were Div. III, but they were very good. It is such a shame to hear they are struggling for members. There has to be a way to convince more people that Div. III (and II) are worth joining. My son got a ton out of his year in Div. III last year. I know some of the Div. I corps try to talk the people they cut into going to a Div. II or III, but I know alot of others don't. These local corps used to be the backbone of the activity. I'm not sure how healthy it will be for the long-term health of the activity if we lose this base.

I saw them a couple of times the last few years, and always enjoyed their programs alot. They seemed bigger last year, that's why I was thinking they were DII I guess. Memory isn't what it used to be. I hope they are able to gain a few members. I have always felt a positive vybe from Capital Sound, and it is a shame more youth aren't auditioning for such wonderful corps. Their loss I guess.

Good luck Capital Sound- can't wait to see your show this year!!!

I saw them a couple of times the last few years, and always enjoyed their programs alot. They seemed bigger last year, that's why I was thinking they were DII I guess. Memory isn't what it used to be. I hope they are able to gain a few members. I have always felt a positive vybe from Capital Sound, and it is a shame more youth aren't auditioning for such wonderful corps. Their loss I guess.

Good luck Capital Sound- can't wait to see your show this year!!!

Agreed, Charles...Cap has always been one of my favorite corps (in any division). I still get goosebumps when I watch the video of their 2002 show. Really pulling for them.