Last year for Southwinds uniforms

SW 92 is a GREAT show.

If you want a good example of the SW 03 look, the marimba pic on DCW of SW03 in the photos section is of me :)

sw-pit03-scafidi_2003.jpg

The sashes were homemade and gave a bit of trouble during the season (bottom liked to flip up at times), but I loved wearing those.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back the yellow!

The design has not yet been released to the public, or even the corps members. It will be a new custom design by a very well known uniform company. It will not be one solid color. It will have a few colors from the past represented. Will definately be some thing to look for next season.

The big question is: Can the corps afford it?

To clarify: This means that SW will have had at least four different uniforms in five years. I accept that there's a point in every organization where it's cheaper to completely redesign the uniform than fixing the ones that remain/purchasing replacements, but I can't imagine that the corps has been in that situation for three straight years.

Edited by Pinwiz

Southwind has had basically the same uniform the last 3 seasons with homemade alterations/borrowed items or purchased used items from broken arrow... these havent been complete uniform set purchases. These will be the first full set new Uniform purchase for southwind since 1999... it's time for southwind to have their own distinct look again... and I imagine there will be some sort of fund drive.... I will surely support putting the YELLOW back into the YELLOW team

I've always been a huge Southwind fan - have been since I first saw them in '91 - and I look forward to a new, clean, distinctive look for them.

(That said, I think the uniform deal they had with BA was great, and more corps should look into that.)

Mike

To clarify: This means that SW will have had at least four different uniforms in five years. I accept that there's a point in every organization where it's cheaper to completely redesign the uniform than fixing the ones that remain/purchasing replacements, but I can't imagine that the corps has been in that situation for three straight years.

nope... it's been the same uniforms. SW has just had a few alterations here and there.

~>conner

Southwind has had basically the same uniform the last 3 seasons with homemade alterations/borrowed items or purchased used items from broken arrow... these havent been complete uniform set purchases. These will be the first full set new Uniform purchase for southwind since 1999... it's time for southwind to have their own distinct look again... and I imagine there will be some sort of fund drive.... I will surely support putting the YELLOW back into the YELLOW team
nope... it's been the same uniforms. SW has just had a few alterations here and there.

ok clarification for all of those who may be confused thinking Southwind has bought new unis every year since '04.

in 2004, the black and white jackets with the black and gold sash, black pants, and black shakos seen in the '04 'Journey Through the Sands' show, were bought/borrowed from Broken Arrow HS. THEN modifications were made for '05 ('Distorted Imagination') and '06 ('Duality), thus next year when the new uniforms come, they will be the first actual uniform change since the 2003-2004 season when the yellow jackets were scrapped for the black and white jackets.

hope that helps clear everything up for everyone.

GO S-DUB!

Edited by DCIDanny