Corps' Styles...

It's always been SCV. The modern classic and broadway music - the intensity, the presence. As a drummer I love the percussion but even I can tell that there's always something different about the bottom brass.

One guy said he gets worked up just watching the cymbals march up to the rest of the battery while they're still in the lot.

I don't care where they place - they are the perennial class of the field. :rock:

Jim

SCV is the epitamy of class. how great is it that they play for the winners at finals? those members are first class

SCV is the epitamy of class. how great is it that they play for the winners at finals? those members are first class

Play for the winners at finals? Not sure what you are talking about, but I don't believe any corps has done this in years

i love bds show this year. thier horn line is basicly sick. and hey...they have cool drill. they really have captured the spirit of vito corleone...and they are holding him hostage

I've always loved BD's mix of laid back and in-your-face. The marching style was very relaxed and flowing, but the playing was balls out! I love watching other corps' interpretations of "how things should be done", it's what gives each group it's identity. But BD's wasy of doing business will always resonate with me, and I still love watching how they conduct themselves on and off the field.

Phantom Regiment- I enjoy that they are clean cut. They don't need bad gimmicks to get the idea across. No speaking. No props. The day that Phantom stops playing classical music will be a sad day, indeed. It's that connection to tradition and their overall traditional feel that makes me appreciate them so much. But a close second would have to be Blue Devils. So free- it looks like they are having a very precise blast everytime they perform. If Phantom has vibe that commands attention, BD's corps just kinda shrugs and says "Watch us, we KNOW we're bad@sses". And that's pretty darn sweet, IMO.

BD's corps just kinda shrugs and says "Watch us, we KNOW we're bad@sses".

yeah. tehy DO say that. just read thier myspaces haha.

yeah. tehy DO say that. just read thier myspaces haha.

maybe you are right. they should instead be saying how they are a bunch of band geek pu$$ys who dont know how to march or play.

they KNOW they.. want to know why? because they ARE.

get over it.

<**>