First East Coast Corps to coming to California!

This is just out of curiosity...  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Which East Coast corps will be the first to come to the West Coast?

• Brigadiers
    • Buccaneers
    • Bushwackers
    • Caballeros
    • Corpsvets
    • Crusaders
    • Empire Statesmen
    • Govenaires
    • Minnesota Brass
    • Skyliners
    • Gulf Coast Sound
    • Chops Inc.
    • Frontier
    • Kilties
    • Carolina Gold
    • Hurricanes
    • Alliance
    • Other

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julie,

Just out of curiousity. What are the chances of you guys scheduling your show next year for the Fourth of July weekend?

Rice

From what I understand we are told by DCIP when we can have our show. Since ours is one of the newer shows and we are not a DCI corps our show takes lower precedence over some of the other shows. Also, our show is technically a Div II/III show even though we have Div I corps in attendance (Mandarins and Pacific Crest). The shows over the 4th of July weekend are Div I shows. This year there are 7 Div I corps (3 top 12) at the 4th of July weekend shows. Eventually our show may become a Div I show, but we need to prove we can pull in the crowds for the show to be successful.

Next years schedule will probably be different then normal since finals is in Pasadena. This could be a good or bad thing for a visiting DCA corps since there may be more shows, but the shows will also be more crowded since the corps are converging in Pasadena. Most of the California shows usually have 10-15 corps performing at a show now. If a DCA corps was going to come west arrangements would probably need to start pretty early since everything is governed by DCIP and I believe the three west coast corps are affiliated with DCIP. I don't know if there would be a problem with a non-affiliated corps performing at already crowded shows.

Edited by Jeffreelancer

Actually, I think 27th Lancers were the first in ... 1976?

Crossmen followed a few years later and the Phantom Regiment did a California tour around '81/'82.

Actually, I think 27th Lancers were the first in ... 1976?

Crossmen followed a few years later and the Phantom Regiment did a California tour around '81/'82.

why are we talking about junior corps?? :wall:

What are the chances of creating an official DCA show out west? Might be easier to attract East Coast Corps if it were an official contest and scored on DCA sheets by DCA judges. Just a thought.

I would hope that would be a possibility. :)

It would be incredible if something came together . . .

CVs 10th anniversary (wow. . where has the time gone?!) would be a great time for a big trip! :)

What are the chances of creating an official DCA show out west? Might be easier to attract East Coast Corps if it were an official contest and scored on DCA sheets by DCA judges. Just a thought.

That's definitely the only situation that I can see an east coast corps making the trip for. Otherwise it would be a lot of money to spend to not earn share points and not be judged by the appropriate judges. Could be a great time if it's planned well!!!!

Since Frontier will be a DCI-All age corps next year...

*IF*

a show were scheduled on the 4thof July weekend, we would make the trip to CA.

Also, I wish there could be a DCA show on DCI weekend, that would be PERFECT for us to come ;)

just saying