Season Pass

For $39 to buy the season pass I was wondering what exactly it is that you get. I have seen the description on DCI.org but what I want to know is a more specific description of what you get. Is it worth it to get and what is your favorite part about season pass?

My favorite part of Season Pass is the APD's. While you can get them for $2.99 without a membership, I save $1 on each APD, and while I buy one from every corps, and several from some corps over the season, I save a little over $100 on APD's, so I come out $61 ahead by having season pass.

On top of that, you get to see 2-3 minute clips of alot of the corps shows during the season. And the clip quality is pretty good. Right now there are 2-3 minute clips of Cavies, Bluecoats, Glassmen, Pioneer, Kilties, and Phantom Regiment, from the Lisle IL show.

There are also video interviews with staff and members, behind the scenes, some interviews with Steve Rondinaro, etc.

All in all, it is a well spent $39. Last year, they even had streaming audio from the quarterfinal show.

My favorite part of Season Pass is the APD's. While you can get them for $2.99 without a membership, I save $1 on each APD, and while I buy one from every corps, and several from some corps over the season, I save a little over $100 on APD's, so I come out $61 ahead by having season pass.

On top of that, you get to see 2-3 minute clips of alot of the corps shows during the season. And the clip quality is pretty good. Right now there are 2-3 minute clips of Cavies, Bluecoats, Glassmen, Pioneer, Kilties, and Phantom Regiment, from the Lisle IL show.

There are also video interviews with staff and members, behind the scenes, some interviews with Steve Rondinaro, etc.

All in all, it is a well spent $39. Last year, they even had streaming audio from the quarterfinal show.

This year's new additions:

The Beat - a video magazine hosted by Steve Rondinaro, will be released about every two-three weeks during the season.

Live audio/video streaming of select shows. Officially, the Atlanta regional and DCI Semifinals in Madison will be streamed LIVE for Season Pass subscribers. Unofficially, as this is still in beta, you might see another show or two in the next couple weeks as they work the kinks out. The Lisle show was streamed as a test and was very successful.

To me, it's worth the dough.

You get access to tons of videos that are subscriber-exclusive (they currently offer 2-3 minutes of pretty nice quality video of each corps's performance at Lisle, Ill. As the season progresses, more videos like these will be added).

There are heaps of audio, too. You get interviews with corps members and directors, as well as reduced prices on the APD's (might not seem like much but if you buy many of them, the discount stacks up pretty nicely). Season Pass also features the "Field Pass" audio magazine, which is usually pretty interesting. The feature that I use the most is the FREE unlimited streaming of any Top 12 show since '72.

I just renewed my subsciption a few days ago (no real point to have it from Sept-May; they say they continue to add stuff but it's not really worth it, if you ask me) and am very welcoming of the stuff I missed when I didn't have access.

The feature that I use the most is the FREE unlimited streaming of any Top 12 show since '72.

This is the point I wanted to make as well...true they don't have the non-finalists on there (yet?), but the ability to hear the finals night performance of each and every corps since '72 ain't too shabby...

I don't even bring my CDs into the apartment anymore...let them stay in the car for my convenience there

Right now, I have a streaming play list of several Phantom Regiment shows. It is a continuous flow of shows from year to year...sort of like drum corps radio which you can control. You can also play streaming play lists of finals from various years.

This is a feature I use as background music playing when working.