Southwind APD

Listened to the Southwind APD a couple of times through now, and love the arrangement for this years show. It is similar to last years show in some ways. Many recognizable pieces interwoven together. Last year they were in my top 12 musically, and looks like they could be there again. Can't wait to see their drill!!!

Nice job Southwind

I like their music as well. Music is familiar, with bits and pieces put nicely together. A little rough in spots, but as it was recorded on June 17, I think that is to be expected. Nice job of arranging, like last year. While there are probably parts of 12-15 songs woven together, you would expect it to be a little choppy, but it really flows well. Definitely a well spent $1.99. I also can't wait to see how this show develops over the next couple of months.

I haven't gotten to that one yet, but I'll be sure to give it a few plays in the next few days. Last year was a pretty decent book, and as for this year, well I'm a sucker for Firebird. B)

I also enjoy it... but I'm a bit biased... I have had midis of the shows for a while.

I've only had a chance to give it one listen, but I really dig it so far. Feel like it has a little more variety than last year, when even though they used a lot of source material, they seemed to stick on a few motifs a little too much. I'm usually not big on Firebird, but I like the way they mixed it in there. Good stuff overall.

Just listened to this show. Very neat! It's not far behind Bluecoats as one of my favorite of the five. They play a lot of tunes, but mesh them together quite nicely, to make a production all their own. I can't wait to see the perforamnce increase, and book toughen up!

Wow, I just noticed Southwind's drum scores. they were in the single digits at Toledo. They were the only semifinalist corps in a group of high finalist corps, but I mean a 9.3?! I heard the APD and I'll agree they have A LOT of issues but I'd say it should have been closer to 11.3. Jeff Prosperie is in my opinion one of the best judges out there. His score was 10.8. Not that Craig doesn't know what he's talking about, because he definately does, but anyone else think that was really low?

yeah that seemed kinda low to me... but i think that was the night that the 3rd bass was out of the show.... so that definitely can throw things off. I believe bass 2 covered the parts... but when you are soooo use to hearing one thing... something else can throw you.