oh yeah, i forgot to mention that about the vocalizations. it was like "huh?"

i caught "luca brazi" but the rest was just all mumbled and incoherent.

Its supposed to be mumbled except for the parts you hear clearly when they say words together....its the restaraunt scene in the movie. and everybody is saying something different....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if we were going to have a symphonic band concert in the fall, I would probably have enjoyed this more. But it's summer and I want to have fun and have my face blown back and yes, gosh darn it, be entertained. Guess that's not allowed anymore. Too bad, because the talent, drive and commitment of the kids is a constant. I'm sad that for a corps to be competitive, the shows have to live up to some pretentious, homogenous standard that has sucked the very life out of this great activity.

Some of us still remember a time when every corps/region had a distinct personality, now you could swap uniforms and do the shows and no one would know the difference. Well almost. As SCV prepared to enter the field, you knew exactly who they were. The way they carry themselves, their styly of walking, the very presence they bring, well I don't care what year it is, they lived up to their very proud tradition. They should feel really good about that.

Now I'm sure there are going to be many that disagree with me on this. Fine, if you can be entertained by these shows, good on ya mate. My point is, can't modern drum corps incorporate a little of what made it great in the first place (hype, energy, incredible musical/show moments, personality) and still be successful? Guess I'll just have to get my fix at a DCA show.

Sorry for the rant, but I know my feelings are shared by some other drum corps fans that were there with me. So what was the best drum corps moment of the evening? Listening to the 1975 DCI finals on the way home.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

[

Thank heavens for SCV and their opener, so it's still OK to open the show with energy and blow back the stands a little? The judges must hate that, not artistic enough I'm sure. So they were definitely my favorite of the night, but still not enough to really get me out of my seat.

Now if we were going to have a symphonic band concert in the fall, I would probably have enjoyed this more. But it's summer and I want to have fun and have my face blown back and yes, gosh darn it, be entertained. Guess that's not allowed anymore. Too bad, because the talent, drive and commitment of the kids is a constant. I'm sad that for a corps to be competitive, the shows have to live up to some pretentious, homogenous standard that has sucked the very life out of this great activity.

Some of us still remember a time when every corps/region had a distinct personality, now you could swap uniforms and do the shows and no one would know the difference. Well almost. As SCV prepared to enter the field, you knew exactly who they were. The way they carry themselves, their styly of walking, the very presence they bring, well I don't care what year it is, they lived up to their very proud tradition. They should feel really good about that.

Now I'm sure there are going to be many that disagree with me on this. Fine, if you can be entertained by these shows, good on ya mate. My point is, can't modern drum corps incorporate a little of what made it great in the first place (hype, energy, incredible musical/show moments, personality) and still be successful? Guess I'll just have to get my fix at a DCA show.

Sorry for the rant, but I know my feelings are shared by some other drum corps fans that were there with me. So what was the best drum corps moment of the evening? Listening to the 1975 DCI finals on the way home.

Whoops, wrong button on 1st response.

Sorry for the rant, but I know my feelings are shared by some other drum corps fans that were there with me.

Hehe, u must have been sitting next to that no good brother of mine.

totally agree with this. i was looking for that bad ### bd salute and it just didn't happen. it was kind of a downer right off.

then the scv DM gave HIS salute, and it was like shivers down my spine, and i was really excited for the corps to begin.