All the corps' new uniforms

I was just thinking about all the corps that have new uniforms as of this year, or last year. It seems like they change uniforms an awful lot. Is it because they get free or partially free uniforms from their endoresment deals? What about shoes? Do they get free shoes from whoever their shoe deal is with? Gloves? Anyone know anything?

edit: just thought about silks for the guard.

Edited by madscout96

we paid for our shoes.... 30.00

dunno about the rest, but I don't think there is anything going on w/shoes.

As stated above you have to pay for your shoes. As for gloves...you have to pay for those too. I went through about 5 sets of show/rehearsal gloves. You are wearing gloves anytime your horn is in your hands! Except when it's take your horn into the showers day. Then you don't have to wear gloves. So a good 14 hours a day you have gloves on your hands. Which makes great convo's about your strange tan lines.

Edited by myopinion

I used a lot more than 5 pairs of rehearsal gloves.

but, I was very lucky.... my HS director gave me some old ones he couldn't use anymore due to a uniform change and the need for longer gloves.

so, I took about 14 or so pair, and when one got really dirty or got holes, I tossed them.

washing them on laundry day also helps a ton.

sorry, :OT: over.

dont almost all corps wearing cesario unis? which is kinda sad, since they kinda all have the same design just with different colors

I believe there are a number of groups that have not gone with Cesario designs. Even so, I must be in the minority that does not think all those designs look alike. I will say some do...but not nearly all.

edit: just thought about silks for the guard.

I dunno about other corps.... but I can remeber multiple times when we had mom's on tour sewing flags for us.

so, we bought the material, and made them ourself I'm guessing. (amazing flags too) :)

I'm sure that's not the case for all, but I'm willing to bet a lot of flags get made by the corps parents.

dont almost all corps wearing cesario unis? which is kinda sad, since they kinda all have the same design just with different colors

Alot of them do. But my question is whether or not Fred J. Miller (Cesario's uniform company) GIVES the uniforms to the corps that they are being endorsed by. In the same way that corps get free or almost free drums, sticks, and cymbals from those companies for endorsing them.

In my experience the corps have to pay for the uniforms which then is passed on to the members through annual dues. In terms of color guard: Flags and uniforms are in the same boat in terms of this topic. Either corps staff designs flags or a third party designs for them and then volunteers (mom's, alums, staff, members) sew the flags. With other color guard equipment, it is usually bought from a company (no discount that I am aware of). Any other unusual colorguard equipment used in a show is usually made by the wonderful volunteers also. Hope this helps in the situation. THank you!

I think our colorguard had an additional something on their fees labeled as "uniform fee"

not completely sure though