Columbia, SC

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just give a few short opinions on the night.

The big winner was the little dog that took the field during Teal Sound's ballad. I feel bad or the corps, as pretty much everyone around me was paying attention to the dog during the whole slow section. It was cute, though.

The big loser was the announcer. I, personally, have not heard that many things mispronounced at a show. Jay BoCOCK- twice. I don't even remember how he said Murray Gusseck. Many others. Just a pet peeve of mine...sorry.

I thought Teal Sound's hornline sounded very mature for their size and apparent age. Good job, guys.

I liked both Capital Regiment and Magic. Both of their shows were entertaining for me. Magic just needs to add some musicality and control. It was very clear that the last two numbers were much newer material.

I love BAC this year - good writing, and my second-favorite drumline of the night.

Phantom Regiment is still one of my favorite corps - this show solidifies that for this season. I like the writing of J.D. Shaw and Paul Rennick together - both write in very musical fashions that match up well. Their guard work will need to be tweaked (I think...not a guard person) for them to move up in effect. Also, I hope the ending gets changed, drill-wise. There wasn't too much velocity - it didn't really compliment the music in my mind.

Cadets were good. I don't like the stop and go nature of the show. It never had my attention, except for the very beginning and the very end. They had some major electronics problems which will need to be remedied. (or just cut out completely ... ... ... never mind) Also, their drumline seems to me to play very similar licks every year.

Crown was good. I like the show. I like the music. I think they will need to pack some more punch visually. Also, I could tell they hadn't been out until that night, compared to other corps who had competed - just seemed a little less polished.

Good early season show. I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing how these shows progress!

I'll just give a few short opinions on the night.

The big winner was the little dog that took the field during Teal Sound's ballad. I feel bad or the corps, as pretty much everyone around me was paying attention to the dog during the whole slow section. It was cute, though.

That happened to us in 1985 at DCEast championships in Lynn Mass. Our backfield conductor spent most of one song chasing the dog off the field.

It just so happens that little dog is the corps dog. His name is FUG and you can see a picture of him on our website. He wandered up to us during everydays and he kind of adopted us. I'll let you use your imagination to figure out the name based upon the letters in it. We had a good laugh between the visual staff saying that may be why our field visual went down as the judge thought he was being attacked!!!

:wall:

It just so happens that little dog is the corps dog. His name is FUG and you can see a picture of him on our website. He wandered up to us during everydays and he kind of adopted us. I'll let you use your imagination to figure out the name based upon the letters in it. We had a good laugh between the visual staff saying that may be why our field visual went down as the judge thought he was being attacked!!!

:blink:

is he riding on the bus with you all?

if so, that's pretty cool.

~>conner

is he riding on the bus with you all?

if so, that's pretty cool.

~>conner

He is riding on the staff van. He is really a lovable dog. Follows you just about anywhere, even when he wants to be in the show!!!

what happens when tour is over?

~>conner

He's quite cute. Nobody wants him after tour, I'll take him.

Boston Mom