CD review: SCV

<**>

the cd was made on a freakin CDR.. with a cheap (_(_) cd label they probably bought at target before the show...

i mean come on. this SCV.. not some crappy teeny bopper garage band.

the cd itself only had this years show (which didnt sound that bad actually, except for one area that was horribly out of tune).. they actually used professional recording equipment, and not some handheld cassette recording, which suprised me based on the packaging of the cd. other than the show, it had a recording of send in the clowns from last year.

all in all.. i guess you cant complain, since it was a little over priced.. at $10. i guess its good marketing.. they just need to have a computer in the souvie booth, and if anyone wants to spend money on it, they can easily burn another copy. that way they dont have to worry about stocking or anything else like that.

basically you are paying for $2 per song. thats 5 songs total (yes, $10). you are better off getting the current APD and burning it yourself.

Perhaps you should be thankful that SCV even put out a CD of their show for you to purchase.

Sheesh!!! :wall: I see that a lot of other corps are putting out CDs, right? :worthy:

And personally, I think it's a very good recording. If you didn't want it, why on earth did you buy it?

btw - the CD was recorded while standing still, so it's going to sound much better than if they were marching. AND, it's got Clowns on it as an added bonus!

Edited by PeeWee

Perhaps you should be thankful that SCV even put out a CD of their show for you to purchase.

Sheesh!!! :worthy: I see that a lot of other corps are putting out CDs, right? :wall:

And personally, I think it's a very good recording. If you didn't want it, why on earth did you buy it?

btw - the CD was recorded while standing still, so it's going to sound much better than if they were marching. AND, it's got Clowns on it as an added bonus!

i didnt buy it, one of my friends did. and im glad i didnt buy it or i would have asked my money back. also, i never said the recording was bad. the actual music was good. i was just very... very.. very unimpressed with how they packaged it. it was very unprofessional. definently not something i expected from Vanguard.

<**>

the cd was made on a freakin CDR.. with a cheap (_(_) cd label they probably bought at target before the show...

i mean come on. this SCV.. not some crappy teeny bopper garage band.

the cd itself only had this years show (which didnt sound that bad actually, except for one area that was horribly out of tune).. they actually used professional recording equipment, and not some handheld cassette recording, which suprised me based on the packaging of the cd. other than the show, it had a recording of send in the clowns from last year.

all in all.. i guess you cant complain, since it was a little over priced.. at $10. i guess its good marketing.. they just need to have a computer in the souvie booth, and if anyone wants to spend money on it, they can easily burn another copy. that way they dont have to worry about stocking or anything else like that.

basically you are paying for $2 per song. thats 5 songs total (yes, $10). you are better off getting the current APD and burning it yourself.

I bought the recording and love it. I don't think my CD player cares about the packaging or the printing on the CD. It's only $10,00, it's a professional recording of early season SCV along with Clowns, the profit directly supports SCV, and I'm happy with my purchase. The quality is much better than any non-finals APD I have heard as a subscriber of DCI Season Pass or purchased through DCI.