Major Heat Wave Announcement

You say when. I say I'm there. If you can get close enough to hit a gator, I have to give you props...or flowers in the hospital. b**bs

And to the Cold Front comment. OMG - I am still laughing. But it gave me an idea. DCA-Alaska...hmmmmm

I'll have Mike call you to work out the details, we definately need to get together and celebrate though. :laugh:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the severity of the literal heat wave and massive forest fires ravaging good portions of the U.S. including massive areas of the Southwest (50,000 acres currently ablaze around the Grand Canyon as reported by Phoenix ABC-TV Afiliate at 10:10 PM this evening) I found your "Major Heat Wave Announcement" thread to be poorly worded and for us actively involved in the well being of Corps in stricken areas falsely alarmist and inexcusable!

In the future please choose your words more wisely. Heat Waves and

Heat Exhaustion can be deadly. Sorry if this sounds ultra-sensitive, but this does come from someone who has passed out and rushed to medical facilites in critical condition after performances, in the midst of heatwaves.

"Hot" in Phoenix!

I thought this was the funniest posts of the year--until I read the rest of the thread and found I was the only person in all of the World of Drum Corps that was laughing.

I guess it's all in how you take it...because, truthfully, I took it as sarcastic satire.

You all took it seriously.

Interesting...must be because of where I live. :blink:

I thought this was the funniest posts of the year--until I read the rest of the thread and found I was the only person in all of the World of Drum Corps that was laughing.

I guess it's all in how you take it...because, truthfully, I took it as sarcastic satire.

You all took it seriously.

Interesting...must be because of where I live. :laugh:

HEY! :P

Considering that you did not find my post about cold fronts as funny as the post about the severity of the literal heat wave and massive forest fires ravaging good portions of the U.S. including massive areas of the Southwest (50,000 acres currently ablaze around the Grand Canyon as reported by Phoenix ABC-TV Afiliate at 10:10 PM this evening), I find your post to be inexcusable!

In the future please choose what you think is funny more wisely. Sorry if this sounds ultra-sensitive, but this does come from someone who has marched in Junior Corps and has taken extremely cold showers that have made me feel like I just climbed out of an artic pool after joining the Polar Bear Club...... not to mention have caused some things to shrink beyond recognition in the midst of 32 degree temperatures.

"Shriveled" in Atlanta!

:ph34r:

See, now I was going to post a Major Sunriser Announcement, but then I realized the people in Drum Corps Alaska would take offense when they woke up and saw that they were still in the midst of their 6 months of darkness.

Now Sayre, don't you remember the bad sunburn I had in '03. You just conjured up some bad memories. Shame on you! Your harsh words don't affect just eskimos!!! :)

Good luck this weekend! See you in Dover!

Greg Morgan

Percussion Program Coordinator

Excelsior Drum & Bugle Corps

"Shriveled" in Atlanta!

Now I find that offensive :laugh: