Major Heat Wave Announcement

I am pleased to announce that yesterday, at around 9:30 PM Eastern Standard Time. I had the honor to nominate a NEW Executive Director for the Heat Wave Drum and Bugle Corps by the name of John "JJ" Johnson. After a second to my motion and a unanimous "Yea" vote.

Heat Wave will Finnish its 2006 year with a new, young great leader. For you folks who do not Know "JJ" has been one of our Drum Majors, sometimes filling in spots or holes in our drill for a few years.

We will be sending out a bio within the next week but I feel it would be the right thing to do for every one to welcome "JJ "

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pleased to announce that yesterday, at around 9:30 PM Eastern Standard Time. I had the honor to nominate a NEW Executive Director for the Heat Wave Drum and Bugle Corps by the name of John "JJ" Johnson. After a second to my motion and a unanimous "Yea" vote.

Heat Wave will Finnish its 2006 year with a new, young great leader. For you folks who do not Know "JJ" has been one of our Drum Majors, sometimes filling in spots or holes in our drill for a few years.

We will be sending out a bio within the next week but I feel it would be the right thing to do for every one to welcome "JJ "

Congrats JJ!

Considering the severity of the literal heat wave and massive forest fires ravaging good portions of the U.S. including massive areas of the Southwest (50,000 acres currently ablaze around the Grand Canyon as reported by Phoenix ABC-TV Afiliate at 10:10 PM this evening) I found your "Major Heat Wave Announcement" thread to be poorly worded and for us actively involved in the well being of Corps in stricken areas falsely alarmist and inexcusable!

In the future please choose your words more wisely. Heat Waves and

Heat Exhaustion can be deadly. Sorry if this sounds ultra-sensitive, but this does come from someone who has passed out and rushed to medical facilites in critical condition after performances, in the midst of heatwaves.

"Hot" in Phoenix!

Congratulations to JJ. I wish the best to Big Lou and the entire Heat Wave organization! Hoping to see y'all at DCA I&EMC, then on the field in aught seven.

Good Choice!!!

Donny

Considering the severity of the literal heat wave and massive forest fires ravaging good portions of the U.S. including massive areas of the Southwest (50,000 acres currently ablaze around the Grand Canyon as reported by Phoenix ABC-TV Afiliate at 10:10 PM this evening) I found your "Major Heat Wave Announcement" thread to be poorly worded and for us actively involved in the well being of Corps in stricken areas falsely alarmist and inexcusable!

Heat Exhaustion can be deadly. Sorry if this sounds ultra-sensitive, but this does come from someone who has passed out and rushed to medical facilites in critical condition after performances, in the midst of heatwaves.

"Hot" in Phoenix!

Get a grip!

"Hot" in Phoenix!

Dear Mr. "hot"

Heat Wave has been a drum corps for almost 15 years and active in DCA for almost 10 years. seeing that this is a drum corps forum, and ESPECIALLY the DCA forum, i find your rant to be poorly worded, not their announcement.

and directing this back on topic ~ CONGRATS JJ and best wishes!!! :)

"Hot" in Phoenix!

Hey newbie troll........why don't you go out and run a few miles and then don't drink anything.

Good luck, JJ. Bring it back soon , guys.

"Hot" in Phoenix!

:blink::ph34r::worthy: