Blue Stars on the horizon

Don't miss the Blue Stars this summer. I think they're easily a top 17 corps, and top 12 is not out of the question. I can't believe that last year they were a pretty good div. II corps, and now all of a sudden they look like a corps that's been div. I a few years already. Their show is VERY nice, the underlying theme being "freedom". Their 2nd piece is based on "Simple Gifts", and at one point practically the whole corps sings a choral arrangement of the song, with mellophone and contra descants thrown in there. Oh yes, none of the singing is amped! ^OO^ . The whole show is great. The guard is good and energetic, the hornline plays well together and in tune and balanced, but their book isn't babyish. Percussion is pretty good too.

From what I know they made some great staff additions this year in the brass as well as percussion side of things!!

The Blue Stars are, indeed, great this year and have a very entertaining product. They've fast become one of my favorites of the summer. I would like nothing more than to see them return to the Top 12 but I don't think that will happen quite as soon as Madscout . In short, I don't think the show has quite the demand to put them into finals and -- guess what -- I think that's to be commended. It seems to me that the staff has done a terrific job of giving these kids a show that they can execute and execute well. It's a show that suits their abilities and plays to their strengths, rather than being overly ambitious and, as a result, too difficult for the young corps to handle. If only more designers and arrangers would take heed.

Edited by ChicagoFan

Don't miss the Blue Stars this summer. I think they're easily a top 17 corps, and top 12 is not out of the question. I can't believe that last year they were a pretty good div. II corps, and now all of a sudden they look like a corps that's been div. I a few years already. Their show is VERY nice, the underlying theme being "freedom". Their 2nd piece is based on "Simple Gifts", and at one point practically the whole corps sings a choral arrangement of the song, with mellophone and contra descants thrown in there. Oh yes, none of the singing is amped! ^OO^ . The whole show is great. The guard is good and energetic, the hornline plays well together and in tune and balanced, but their book isn't babyish. Percussion is pretty good too.

I'm so glad to see this Corps returning to prominence. The Blue Stars have finished as high as 2nd place in DCI Div.1 in it's storied past. They were one of the handful of Corps whose Management back in 1970-71 were instrumental in banding together to formulate DCI.' Good to see them competing again in Div.1. I wish them the best.

Edited by X DM

They really put on a great show.

I can't wait to see them...I'm sure they're fantastic. They've been great (albeit smaller) for a long time now.

I just met her last weekend in Columbia. She is great!! She also makes my son feel better since he's taller than her :P . He spent all last year being the shortest hornplayer in the line.

Yeah, when I dropped her off I heard your son's nickname was 2 foot 7. He's gotta love it now not being the shortest.