Blue Stars on the horizon

Yeah, when I dropped her off I heard your son's nickname was 2 foot 7. He's gotta love it now not being the shortest.

The saying they used around him last year was, "What are you, 12?". That's because he tried out and was contracted while still 12. His other nickname is "Kansas" since he was the only member from the state of Kansas both last year and this year.

I was at a campfire last weekend with a BLue Star Alumni bud of mine we were chatting and we got in the conversation what would of happened if they won in 1972 ? its a intersting What if question !!!

yes! and the conversation went......

I can't wait to see them...I'm sure they're fantastic. They've been great (albeit smaller) for a long time now.

Not last year - they were pretty much full size, weren't they?

Edited by kusankusho

I'm very proud of a fellow Bushwacker and a student of mine from Upper Darby HS, Leanne Kowalski, who is an assistant drum major for the Blue Stars. I hope I get to see them this summer!

yes! and the conversation went......

we talked about both sides.... that we might of never left div 1

and then the reality ... that the reason of the corps folding was partly because of First Federal stopped backing them in the late 70's

SO... I think no matter what we might of thaught or discussed It would of Probally endded up the same way

with the A Corps Folding and Blue Star Cadets Forging the way to a Div 2/3 Powerhouse

leading to the open class corps they are now

put its nice to dream some times ..... ohh wait BLue Stars are "open class"

I guess it all in the corps motto "the End Crowns the Work" FCO

Edited by bscontra

we talked about both sides.... that we might of never left div 1

and then the reality ... that the reason of the corps folding was partly because of First Federal stopped backing them in the late 70's

SO... I think no matter what we might of thaught or discussed It would of Probally endded up the same way

with the A Corps Folding and Blue Star Cadets Forging the way to a Div 2/3 Powerhouse

leading to the open class corps they are now

put its nice to dream some times ..... ohh wait BLue Stars are "open class"

I guess it all in the corps motto "the End Crowns the Work" FCO

It is cool that you can debate that topic and yet we are all very excited that a drum corps favorite is back in Division I competition and continuing to build on the strengths that the cadet corps brought to the table as they "grew up."

It is a corps with a rich heritage, tradition and membership. I have been watching this corps for many years from a performance standpoint and administrative standpoint. I wish them the VERY best as they not only come back into Div. I, but excel both in performances and in financial stability.

create peace,

Brent

I'm very anxious to see the Blue Stars in Allentown (when they'll be near or at their peak). I agree easy top 17, top 12 is a stretch though IMHO.

Good to see the Blue Stars back. I remember first seeing them as a Division III corps in the early '90s only to be "educated" by a friend that they were a (Division I) Finalist Corps from the late '70s! I can't wait to see their show this year.