How time changes a view

It’s funny. I’m setting here at my PC working on some Budget summaries for my company – listening to the APDs that I bought and downloaded today – Phantom, Boston …etc. Then something occurred to me while listening to the Cavies and the Bluecoats.

Well, low and behold – I’m listening to the Cavies and they’re playing while Mr. Cocker is announcing them. Think to myself, “what a nice buildup into their Machine program. Then, it’s the Bluecoats doing the same thing. Again, “Wow, they’re doing a great job setting the mood – nice vibes.”

I remember in 2003 and 2005, the Cadets were blasted for marching and playing their introductions while Mr. Crocker and others were announcing them for competition. It was just not done. It was rude. It was disrespectful. How could they do something like that!

Interesting, I have not seen one negative posting to date on Drum Corps Planet about the Cavies or the Bluecoats starting their shows this way.

Hum, what’s going on here? Has this become the norm? Oh no!!!!

Guess time changes the view. :blink:

It's the Cadets. Everyone hates the Cadets. You're not allowed to hate Cavies or Bluecoats on here.

umm duh! ohh and we all secretly hate the blue devils too, but shh don't tell anyone.

long live woodwinds and amps!!!! <**>

It's not their shows starting...it's their on-field warmups

...that, and shows used to be 13 minutes long.

No one complains about more drum corps for the money. :)

I'm totally with you! Heck, if they played a Sousa March while marching onto the field, I would love it! :P

SCV starting early in 2001

I'm totally with you! Heck, if they played a Sousa March while marching onto the field, I would love it! :P

Another thing I love about senior corps - the streetbeat coming onto the field!

I remember in 2003 and 2005, the Cadets were blasted for marching and playing their introductions while Mr. Crocker and others were announcing them for competition. It was just not done. It was rude. It was disrespectful. How could they do something like that!

Because it works, and it's part of the show. They started it in 1989.