Year of Crystal

Anybody remember Boston Finals 2000? A bunch of fools screaming over the singing at the beginning of the ballad...

;-)

That's why I'm glad I have the mid season recording. :)

The yells during BD's '95 ballad are awful. It sounds like they're sitting on the mics, but you can't even understand what they're saying.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally (and I know other current and former marching members agree) love the scream in PR 97. I always got a kick out of it.

ya....I was pretty mad when I heard that....

Right at the end of the most powerful yet peaceful ballad of all time.....and then those two ladys scream out of nowhere!

Crystal!!!!!!!

It wakes me up every time :worthy:

I was soooooo tempted to do it to Reading last year. Then their show would've been totally acurate :wall:

The guy during BD '00 who screams "Frank is an American Bad***!" always got me...not as bad as Crystal.

That, and the guy right before Sing, Sang, Sung in Boston '05...I honestly think he swears, drops the f-bomb. Unbelievable.

As for best sequence of yells, the '93 Star staff before the drum feature is always great, and any Vanguard yell wins me over.

The guy during BD '00 who screams "Frank is an American Bad***!" always got me...not as bad as Crystal.

That, and the guy right before Sing, Sang, Sung in Boston '05...I honestly think he swears, drops the f-bomb. Unbelievable.

As for best sequence of yells, the '93 Star staff before the drum feature is always great, and any Vanguard yell wins me over.

The BAC guy didn't swear. it's "funky", not the f-bomb. That horse was beat to death and the issue was summarily dismissed after the CD's were released.

You know...in 2000 I only purchased the Mid-season CD set and did not buy the Finals CD. After getting my original question, I went to Season Pass to stream the show. Wow!!!!!!!! :wall:

I am still catching my breath! Just not the same as it was Mid-season.... What a performance........

And at the big push in the ballad...tilting my head back and closing my eyes in my recliner....then CRYSTALLL!!!

That Dumb #####! :sshh:

That year SCV and BD released recordings of their shows on a CD. If I remember correctly, it was recorded just befoe Championships began. No audience - just the music the way it was intended to be heard. The quality of the recordings is simply amazing, and both performances are truly awesome. That is the only recording of 2000 SCV I can listen to. The Finals version is just ruined by that obnoxious screaming.

Edited by SkyRyder_FMM

That year SCV and BD released recordings of their shows on a CD. If I remember correctly, it was recorded just befoe Championships began. No audience - just the music the way it was intended to be heard. The q

Do you happen to know if they are still available for sale? Thanks

she was loud... to loud for a normal scream.

she must have been near the mics.

~>conner

No doubt on that one

The yells during BD's '95 ballad are awful. It sounds like they're sitting on the mics, but you can't even understand what they're saying.

Many times (but not all) the yells become a part of the show for me...that one comes close to not working, but the morons handling the mics (wasn't Tom Blair and company) actually had some pointed toward the audience...you can camera shutters in quieter spots that year

"Frank is an American bad ###" doesn't really bother me because it's kind of in the background...."Lisa's an American bad ###" during BD 2004 on the other hand <**>

Once I learned that most of the yelling you can hear during Star '93 is from the staff, it became no problem for me :) And I think it's awesome when you see the staff go crazy during the final couple of sets on the DVD

The Vanguard yell always works...I get chills from 2004

Edited by JMS0527