According to Website, Beverly show should be over?

Galleria in Dallas does and so does the Stonebriar Mall in Frisco!

Ok you've turned me over to the southern side. I'll be moving to Texas ASAP. It has everything. Who wouldn't want to shop at the gap while ice skating and eating bad mall food all in the same day?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Website for the show says new turf and lights. The size of the stands seeems pretty small. Down here in Texas I have seen middle schools with bigger stands.

You are not kidding! You should see the Richard Berry Stadium they're playing at in Houston - it's an amazing facility. My daughter was in drill team and performed at Pridgeon (the first stadium), but they have so many high schools, it got too crowded.

Got to say. I've never seen anything like Texas for the whole football gig.

Website for the show says new turf and lights. The size of the stands seeems pretty small. Down here in Texas I have seen middle schools with bigger stands.

There are more high school hockey teams in Massachusetts than high school football teams! Football and band are not as prominent in this area. This is one reason for such a high % of kids participating in drum corp from Texas..

There are more high school hockey teams in Massachusetts than high school football teams! Football and band are not as prominent in this area. This is one reason for such a high % of kids participating in drum corp from Texas..

It would be interesting to find out how many total kids from Texas are marching in corps.

It would be interesting to find out how many total kids from Texas are marching in corps.

A lot, but not as many as you'd think. Sersiously. The way the band year is set up, a lot of kids have to choose between being movers and shakers in their band programs or marching corps. Especially in the big programs. So quite a few kids just choose to be big fish in their own programs.

A lot, but not as many as you'd think. Sersiously. The way the band year is set up, a lot of kids have to choose between being movers and shakers in their band programs or marching corps. Especially in the big programs. So quite a few kids just choose to be big fish in their own programs.

The number could include high school and college age kids. I remember a count from Phantom a few years back and seemed a majority of the kids were from Texas.

I think you'd be surprised. It's probably more than most people think.

When more than 100 kids -- way more than 100 kids -- from Texas show up for an audition camp in Rockford, Ill.....

Yeah, it's a lot of kids from Texas in the top corps, not just PR. Cavaliers, Scouts, SCV, PR, Bluecoats...they're all loaded with Texans.

G

I think you'd be surprised. It's probably more than most people think.

When more than 100 kids -- way more than 100 kids -- from Texas show up for an audition camp in Rockford, Ill.....

Yeah, it's a lot of kids from Texas in the top corps, not just PR. Cavaliers, Scouts, SCV, PR, Bluecoats...they're all loaded with Texans.

G

I agree. I guess I'm thinking of it from the aspect of a band director here, looking at ALL these kids in these programs. It's a big state...Houston alone has 60+ metro high schools. and percentage wise, few of them march drum corps. Very much fewer than those that "should".

I suppose if you look at it from a drum corps standpoint, the percentage is different...