Maybe there's hope after all...

Ok, so while I don't particularly like this year's Cadets show, I did love last years... notably, I really dug the whole drumspeak thing (it wasn't narration, so I'm ok). So, in reference to the Cadets and other corps using similar things (Crossmen's radio section most notably) I think after thinking about how complete the drum speak section sounded at Finals last year... and after listening to how it sounded sometime mid season:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...10075&q=dci (note, this is a practice vid courtesy of ShotDrum.com)

We can all rest assured knowing that any and all mic'd sections can, nay, WILL get much better :P .

Excuse me, I need to go drink some milk so I can spew it from my nose.

Wow...that's the part they don't want you to hear!

Having tried myself to sing along with the drumspeak (what? =P) and knowing how difficult it is, it's no small surprise things were that raw at one point. Hopefully, everything will be peachy come finals night...

That video was taken in Orlando last year. If you look at the very end in the background you can see a rollercoaster... we rehearsed for 3 days directly across the street from Universal Studios hearing people scream having fun on all the rides... I hate every last one of those people :P

Heh... Dr. Phillips High School... and that's the Hulk in the background... good stuff...