Are things beginning to fall together in Madison?

I just saw scores from a show the other night - Madison was within 4 of Bluecoats for the first time. Hopefully, they are beginning to put all the pieces together. I talked to a few people who were at the Madison show and they said the hornline was incredible during the encore - which is standstill. Obviously, the demanding drill is effecting every box on the recap - not just the visual boxes, so it will be interesting to see what happens if they get their visual package cleaned up. If they do, scores across the board should surge upward, making for some interesting results. One of my friends, a drum corps alum, is convinced they will finish 4th (at lowest) at finals. That may be a bit of a stretch, and I don't see them, or anyone other than BD, Cavies, and Cadets finishing in the top 3.

What I'm looking for here are comments specifically about the demand (musical and visual - including the color guard) of their show. I've read reviews, but I don't want to know how they are performing their show. I want to know about the demand and how difficult it really is.

Thanks... I really hope they can pull it together, ala Star 1990/SCV 1997!

I just saw scores from a show the other night - Madison was within 4 of Bluecoats for the first time. Hopefully, they are beginning to put all the pieces together. I talked to a few people who were at the Madison show and they said the hornline was incredible during the encore - which is standstill. Obviously, the demanding drill is effecting every box on the recap - not just the visual boxes, so it will be interesting to see what happens if they get their visual package cleaned up. If they do, scores across the board should surge upward, making for some interesting results. One of my friends, a drum corps alum, is convinced they will finish 4th (at lowest) at finals. That may be a bit of a stretch, and I don't see them, or anyone other than BD, Cavies, and Cadets finishing in the top 3.

What I'm looking for here are comments specifically about the demand (musical and visual - including the color guard) of their show. I've read reviews, but I don't want to know how they are performing their show. I want to know about the demand and how difficult it really is.

Thanks... I really hope they can pull it together, ala Star 1990/SCV 1997!

Very difficult visual. Lots of room for growth. No early peak for these guys.

Unfortunately, they just have a flat, boring, dull musical program the whole way through. I love the Scouts, but I love them for shows like '95, '96, '97, and '99. Maybe next year.

i really like the first half, but as soon as gabriels oboe starts, i usually turn it off, i understand doing new things and making some changes for the better, but they gotta watch how much they try to change

i'll be sure to let you know when i get back from indy- :)