Controversial shows

I didn't even know how the '93 season was faring until I went to DATR (2 weeks before finals)

I liked Star's show from the get-go...picked up the latest copy of DCI Today back when it looked like a newspaper (remember that?), and learned about how controversial the show was..how so many hated it

Fortunately, no one around me was vocal about hating the show (and I have to imagine that there was at least one person in my seating area seething over what was going on down on the field)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i was wrong,

i looked on the internet and i could only find info on the Sex Cymbals in 87 and 88, but not 1986

everybodys got to be wrong somtimes

Hey, no worries mate! Heck, I am only RIGHT sometimes. I just remember seeing the ladies in person, and as a wee lad of 17, it left an impression!

Hey, no worries mate! Heck, I am only RIGHT sometimes. I just remember seeing the ladies in person, and as a wee lad of 17, it left an impression!

I think it would,

I've only seen them in video clips, and photos and im pretty impressed

What the Cadets are dealing with this year is really no worse than what Star of Indiana 1993 dealt with. Now, I am not saying this Cadets show will be as significant, and it may just end up being a trial run at something much bigger and better in a year or two. Who knows? But the amount of complaints are exactly what we saw Star 93 receive. They were booed, mis-understood, hated, and just flat out chastized.

It does show how perception can change. There are those today who would look at Star 1993 and say that it was drum corps and that the Cadets 2006 are not drum corps. But in 1993, people were saying that Star was not drum corps.

This was so well said.

Star 93 did something to drum corps... it was about 10 years ahead of its time... 20th century music can really show off a good brass line... and visually, few have done what they did...