Hohw far do you travel?

the Atlanta Highway of Death, aka the Perimeter..

ahhh...the watermelon 500. I live less than a mile inside it. You can hear the soothing sounds of the tractor trailers trucks all night long...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on if im driving, riding with someone, or taking the train ......

if i'm driving : 90 minutes

if i'm taking the train : 3 hours (bc i have to transfer and wait)

if i'm riding with someone from long island : 90 minutes

if i'm riding with miguel : 45 minutes to the city on the LIRR, then 30 minutes to his house on the D train, then 30 minutes to rehearsal

going home after the weekend is over is anywhere from the same amount of time, to double the time to get home ... it's taken me anywhere from 90 minutes to 3 and half hours to get home ..... that's thanks to the lovely GWB and TNB

Ooh, ooh, ooh !

I think I have one that has ya all beat !

When I was in the Park City Pride (Bridgeport, CT for the one or two of you who may NOT know) in their inaugural year, we had a guy who REGULARLY flew in for rehersals from his current home IN THE NETHERLANDS!

Man, if he's still there, imagine THOSE frequent-flyer miles - He can get a free flight to, like, Pluto !

Arnie, in the car, on the PA turnpike - I'm thinking that would make for a trip that seems to never end..... :P

3 1/2 hours for me, but time starts to bend the closer I get to the Atlanta Highway of Death, aka the Perimeter..

LOL yeah John it can be sometimes. It all depends on how much sleep I get. When I marched with Rochester, I would sleep all the time. I don't think that I ever drove!!! :P

I live near Annapolis Md.

Yankee rebels is under an hour from me.

Music Express is about 3-4 hours away.

Rochester will be a nightmarish 6 hours. But I'll be there.Thursday - Monday

I'm sick with it. LOL

Looking forward to next year already.

As much as I love the Yankee Rebels, I can never imagine driving 8 hours to get there. Maybe once in a while but not every rehearsal. I have to applaud those that do so and have a job and family :rock: I hope the corps that these people are members of do their part to compensate such worthy members and not take someone for granted that gives up 16 hours for rehearsal.

About 20 minutes for me now that we have a semi-permanent rehearsal home at John Paul II High School in Plano. When we were rehearsing in South Grand Prairie, it was easily an hour drive.

I lucked out, though, in that Frontier is in its second year and based in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Being from the Corpus Christi area originally, drum corps is something that we only ever really saw on the television. Had Revolution or Trinity existed when I was DCI age, I'd have jumped at the chance.

2001-2005 - from Roseville to the Bay area is a 2-3 hours drive, depending on where rehearsal is.

2006 - Roseville to Rochester is a 6 hour flight, not including layovers.

and airfare aint cheap!

I'm thinking that whooshing sound I hear is the sound of the other shoe dropping ... no? B)

How far do you travel to be a member of a senior/alumni corps?

I ask because many corps have relaxed rehearsal schedules that would allow someone to make a commute. Airfare can often be as cheap as $30 one-way with airlines like Southwest or Jet Blue, which is less than a tank of gas for most people.

p.s. sorry for the typo in the topic headline. It's a hundred degrees and my keys are sticky :worthy:

I spoiled myself, I moved the corps to 15minutes from my house. :)