California corps-have you seen Mandarins, Pacific Crest and Esperanza

Just wondering, with Mandarins and Pacific Crest switching places placement wise, who here has seen their shows yet? I have the apds, and love both corps music this year. It sounds like Mandarins have a harder show musically, but who has a better visual program this year?

Also like the Esperanza apd. How is their show looking this year?

So of these 3, who has the best musical package, visual package, in your opinion? Unfortunately I won't get to see any of these corps until finals week, but looking forward to all of them.

I've seen all of them (edit: whoops), most recently last Sunday at Bellflower. They both have great shows. I like PC more right now, its a really fun show, and they have TONS of energy in it, but I think Mandarins have the most potential. Their show looks hard visually, I'm not particually fond of the music, but visually it's pretty cool. Esperanza is also pretty cool, a little bland maybe, but that's because the only time I really saw them was without their uniforms at the first Newbury Park show, I got caught up in a conversation with a bunch of drum majors at the souvie stands and missed their Bellflower performance (sorry :sshh: ).

Basically:

Music - PC by a lot

Visual - Mandarins

Overall - Probably PC

Edited by crashhelmi36

I've seen both, most recently last Sunday at Bellflower. They both have great shows. I like PC more right now, its a really fun show, and they have TONS of energy in it, but I think Mandarins have the most potential. Their show looks hard visually, I'm not particually fond of the music, but visually it's pretty cool. Esperanza is also pretty cool, a little bland maybe, but that's because the only time I really saw them was without their uniforms at the first Newbury Park show, I got caught up in a conversation with a bunch of drum majors at the souvie stands and missed their Bellflower performance (sorry :sshh: ).

Basically:

Music - PC by a lot

Visual - Mandarins

Overall - Probably PC

I have seen all three.

Mandarins music is hard to connect to also do not care for the new uniforms. The corps is solid but did not excite me as they did last year. Not to clean but looks like their program is coming together nicely.

PC hornline has a nice full sound and appeared like they have a full corps. Show did not appear to me as technically difficult as the ESP and Mandarins. Hornline is definatley the high point.

Esperanza has a very solid show and has made leaps and bounds this past week as they are in a 6 day death camp. Horn line is at 48, Color Guard and Drum line rock the house. The show is well written and has some gutsey in your face impact points. All appears to be cleaning up nicely.

IMO Esperanza will crack the 17. Mandarins will be a close 18 and PC if they include some additional challenging stuff will be top 17....